This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Kevin Yee column

Kevin Yee wrote a column earlier this year describing a warehouse in Orlando that handled discarded WDW memorabilia. This place was available to go to and walk around. The owner had a display of his collections on site as well. If anyone could let me know the name and location of this warehouse I would appriciate it.

Re: Old Kevin Yee column

Here is a quote from that very article:

From "Bringing Disney Home" by Kevin Yee

Until recently, Walt Disney World had no real outlet for their theme park props, artifacts, and junk. Stuff would either get stored indefinitely, or thrown away. Some small percentage of material would be auctioned off locally (live, not online), and in this context Disney World became aware of a few collectors who seemed to be present all the time. They turned to these collectors and offered to make them official liquidators of old Disney World material. Chief among them: collector Brian Ramsey. After five years of buying old Disney junk, Brian started up a company called MouseSurplusversion 2.0 of their website

Comment

By the way, it appears they'ved moved, directions can be found on their website.

Comment

Thank you very much for the assistance. I will be visiting Orlando later this month and will have to stop by and check it out. :thumbup:

Comment

They didn't move; their directions on their website are simply different from the ones I provided. It's the same location. And they have new stuff all the time!
          Kevin Yee
          MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
          Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
          Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
          Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
          Mouse Trap
          Tokyo Disney Made Easy
          101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
          Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Thanks Kevin. I will check out the warehouse next week. I hope your Disneyland trip went well. Welcome home!

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee
              They didn't move; their directions on their website are simply different from the ones I provided. It's the same location. And they have new stuff all the time!
              Oh! Oh well, 6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other I guess.

Comment

Actually, they have moved, they are one street to the north of where they used to be. They are now on Spruce. There is a bigger showroom in the new space.

Comment

Whoa, weird... they moved after all??!! I shall have to investigate.
                  Kevin Yee
                  MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                  Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                  Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                  Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                  Mouse Trap
                  Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                  101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                  Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

MouseSurplus did move. They are just across the way from the old building. They traded their metal warehouse for a newer concrete tilt up. Friends of mine stopped by last week and they were still unpacking from the move. They had fun sorting thru boxes for a few hours. I must check it out during my next visit in October. They said it is a real treasure chest of stuff. The Monorail is coming to them next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Firemouse
                      MouseSurplus did move. They are just across the way from the old building. They traded their metal warehouse for a newer concrete tilt up. Friends of mine stopped by last week and they were still unpacking from the move. They had fun sorting thru boxes for a few hours. I must check it out during my next visit in October. They said it is a real treasure chest of stuff. The Monorail is coming to them next week!
                      Oooooh....

Ahhhhh....

Unfortunetly I am over hear on the Pacific Coast, but it sounds like the move was, er, a good move. I hope to check it out some day.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X