This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/14: A Look Back - Part IV

Celebrating Disneyland's 50th in publicity photos, discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 7/14: A Look Back - Part IV

Wow...those are some beautiful images...I'd love to have higher resolutions versions to use as my wallpaper for home and work (and watermark wouldn't bother me at all)
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

:ap: I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land! :ap:

Comment

Thanks Al! Thoroughly enjoyed your piece and the pics. That's the DL that I most fondly remember. Glad I was born early enough to have enjoyed it dozens of times during those early decades.
      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'm pretty sure the older gentlemen in the peoplemover is Roy Disney.

Great piece. Love seeing the older photos!

Comment

Talk about engaging. Your picture of the Viewliner is the first that I've seen. It would be interesting to see an arial picture of the train's route. The fact that early Disneyland was built without the benefit of computers is a marvel in and of it's self. "The old girl" (the park) was a diamond, even in the 50's and 60's.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

I love these look backs, I hope you do the opening of fantasmic, wouldn't it be cool to see pictures of the first fantasmic show?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
            ~

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
              Thanks Al! Thoroughly enjoyed your piece and the pics. That's the DL that I most fondly remember. Glad I was born early enough to have enjoyed it dozens of times during those early decades.
              This is the kind of craftsmenship they need to replicate today.

Comment

I'm wondering if the woman in the people mover car is Mary Blair. The hard hat looks like the one that Mary custom decorated for herself.... and, of course, she created the Tomorrowland tile murals.

Cris

Comment

Love the article and the funny titles on the pics when rolling over the pics with the mouse , kinda like hidden Mickey commentary lol

Comment

Originally posted by Crispy
                    I'm wondering if the woman in the people mover car is Mary Blair. The hard hat looks like the one that Mary custom decorated for herself.... and, of course, she created the Tomorrowland tile murals.

Cris
                    Probably not. Looking at some photos from her website, the lady in the vehicle is much to young to have been Ms. Blair, if that photo was actually taken in 67. Pictures of Ms. Blair with Walt show her to appear to have blond hair during that time, as well.

It also looks like the young lady is wearing a Guest Services outfit.

Comment

I remember 1966 as it was my first visit to DL when I was 9 years old. It was just like that, people dressed up, it was truly an event, never could I possibly connect DL to an amusement park, it was Disneyland!

Thanks Al!

Any possibility we can get more vintage pics?
                      Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                      "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

From 1957 to 1967 the Monsanto "House of the Future" apparently inspired romantic young couples everywhere.
                        Not only that, but it attracted couples from all across the park! Look closely:

Comment

those pics are so awesome.. i wish i grew up back then, i think i like the old disneyland better than the new one...it was so...open...and uncongested!
                          We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan-500
                            I love these look backs, I hope you do the opening of fantasmic, wouldn't it be cool to see pictures of the first fantasmic show?
                            Umm, since the show hasn't changed much, wouldn't it look like a current showing of Fantasmic!?

Comment

Originally posted by inio
                              Not only that, but it attracted couples from all across the park! Look closely:

ok i dont see what your showing!?
                              Come to the dark side,
                              we have cookies.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X