This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Capitalism and Disney

Last edited by Skawt; 08-03-2008, 05:56 PM.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Re: Creative Capitalism and Disney

Title should have been "Creative Capitalism and Disney", guess you can't change the title after it's posted even though it looks like you can after clicking 'go advanced' in the edit view.

Oh well
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by Skawt View Post
      Two thoughts come to my mind. Would Walt Disney World, or more specifically Epcot, as envisioned by Walt Disney have finally been the risk that was a failure? And more important for the future, is it possible for someone to revive the “founder” role and have a strong enough vision and will to make the shareholders believers and take the risks required to accomplish the extraordinary?
      I think EPCOT could very possibly have ended up sinking the company. At the very least it would have quickly become a big white elephant that was draining money from the company that eventually would have to be sold off as normal real estate and turned into yet another sprawling suburb. Can you imagine what Disney World would be like if there was this big pre-fabricated industrial city from the early 1970s stuck right in the middle of everything? Almost all of the original regulations such as forbidding old people from living in the city would have been challenged in court and overturned by now. Far more so than DL ever was, EPCOT would have been near impossible to pull off.

As for the founder role, I think Eisner tried that caper but Iger in reality has the right idea by hiring and promoting strong creative talent and giving them greater control over that side of the business. The idea is to have a genius like Walt Disney at the helm, but the next best option seems to be what Iger is trying to promote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
        As for the founder role, I think Eisner tried that caper but Iger in reality has the right idea by hiring and promoting strong creative talent and giving them greater control over that side of the business.
        Not enough, in my opinion.

There's still not enough faith in taking a risk in a brand new, non-movie-based attraction.

I hope that at some point during California Adventure's renovation, we will see differently...but thus far everything seems to be synergy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X