This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eisner Nominated for Disney Legend Award

I know this will be controversial, but Jim Hill reports that Eisner will be nominated for this award. He argues and I agree that despite Eisner's mistakes in his later years he clearly deserves that award for his career work. What do you think?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Re: Eisner Nominated for Disney Legend Award

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I know this will be controversial, but Jim Hill reports that Eisner will be nominated for this award. He argues and I agree that despite Eisner's mistakes in his later years he clearly deserves that award for his career work. What do you think?
    True, I don't like many of the changes made during his tenure, and he was controversial at the end - but all one needs to do is look at "Walt Disney Productions" of the Card Walker-Donn Tatum-Dick Nunis era (my era at DL), and at "The Walt Disney Company" on the whole at the end of his run, and there's just no comparison.

He definitely deserves the recognition.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Personally I cound give or take Eisner's nomination.

I am just happy that they are finally giving the award to Russi Taylor and Wayne Allwine. It is long overdue.

I just don't know why they left our Bill Farmer. He has been voicing Goofy and Pluto since the mid eighties!!

Comment

It's their award and he did help pick up Disney pretty well for a couple of decades. Good for him.
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

on the macro view he's great. On the micro view I wish the results were different in many cases - but the man redefined the company, and pointed it in a great direction. Running in that direction has been the real issue, especially those who are fans of the parks and resort divisions.

But one has to remember, TWDC is bigger then the parks - so he is worth of it IMO.

Comment

Eisner's contributions to the saving of the Disney Co. and its creative rebirth, ensure his status as a Disney legend, regardless of any missteps he made toward the end of his tenure.
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

I do agree with giving it to him. I think Frank Wells deserves this as well. Eiser was just the public face of a two man team. Between the two of them they saved the company from being broken up and sold. I think he declined in later years, but he still did save the company and brought it back up to standards for a while.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

With out question he deserves the recognition of the work he did for the company, as already mentioned he saved the company in the early 80's (though I would argue the real brains was Frank Wells).

Comment

Wells deserves one as well. I'm wondering why he didn't receive one already.

And yay for Wayne and Russi! Hopefully Tony and Bill won't be far behind.

Comment

There was a comment on that board that I thought brought up a good point, This award should not for CEO's of Disney.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I think it should be for CEO's too, in the sense that they need to realize they're not Walt, and certainly not God, so they should lose the ego and recognize that CEOs too are just employees of the company.
                      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                        :lmao:

Comment

I echo the sentiments already stated that Eisner deserves the honor of being a Disney Legend. He, along with Frank Wells, were intrumental in preserving Disney and making it prosper.

On a side note, Frank Wells is already a Disney Legend, having been inducted in 1994. http://legends.disney.go.com/legends...ey=Frank+Wells

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                            Eisner's contributions to the saving of the Disney Co. and its creative rebirth, ensure his status as a Disney legend, regardless of any missteps he made toward the end of his tenure.
                            My sentiments exactly!
                            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Take the good with the bad, Eisner really helped Walt Disney production become the Walt Disney company. He derserve the award. I still remeber this openings for the wonderful world of Disney on NBC and later Disney channel.
                              Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X