No announcement yet.

Drew Struzan Retired

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Struzan Retired

I just read that one of my heroes has decided to move on to a well-deserved retirement.

"Having been working at not working has produced a guy who could never return to illustration again. It took a lot to attempt the idea of retiring from my 40 years of effort and sacrifice but now that I have, I am delighting in life as never before. I had forgotten how to rest, to smell the proverbial roses and to see the future as opportunity. I am grateful and honored to have had the opportunity to do all the work I did. I am well pleased to have been able to give a gift of beauty and peace through my artwork to so many throughout the world. Now I have laid down the burden and have peace and happiness as the reward for my day's labor."
    - Drew Struzan -
    (September 3rd, 2008) - Miscellaneous News

Have fun looking through his portfolio on his website and see how many movie posters, album and book covers you recognize that he produced.

Re: Drew Struzan Retired

Awwww, it really does suck when you see horribly photoshopped posters out there ('WANTED' comes to mind) and nothing but. Drew will be missed. He is a great talent and hopefully there will be another Indy movie to bring him out of retirement.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.