Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of the movie The Prince of Egypt?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of the movie The Prince of Egypt?

What do you think of the movie the Prince of Egypt?

Who was the boss of dreamworks and also did he use to work for disney or no?
    Last edited by disneyboi92; 10-18-2008, 10:05 PM.

Re: what do you think of the movie The Prince of Egypt?

It's no "10 Commandment" starring Charleton Heston, But for a traditionally animated movie, it is extremely well done. The colors and the animation are great, and the songs and score is Phenomenal!!! There's a myriad of musical talent who worked on this film. Love the Rich Mullins song in the movie.

IMDB says the Jeffrey Katzenberg constantly pitched the idea of this movie to Michael Eisner, but Eisner wouldn't do it.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

It's a fun film, with song great performances by Ralph Fiennes and Val Kilmer. I'm glad they mention that several liberties were taken with the story (e.g. Moses intentionally kills the Egyptian soldier, then hides the body, unlike the film where the soldiers death is accidental) and reference scripture for the viewer to seek out the offical recounting of the events.

Comment

I liked he film. The animation was great and they told the story in a good way.

Comment

Excellent.

Peace,
          Roo
          husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I like the film as well. The animation is spot on and the voice talents were fine. The songs were catchy and sung well. When it first came out on VHS, my three year old would want to watch it over and over. He called it the camel movie. He is now 12 and does not remember that movie. I still have it on VHS. Maybe we'll watch it together again soon.

When You Believe by Stephen Schwartz won an Oscar for Best Original Song.

Comment

I liked it well enough. It seemed when Dreamworks traditional animation was taking off, they gave it up. Not sure why.

Still, the best non-Disney traditional animated film has to be Iron Giant.

Comment

I liked it. I met an animator named Rolando Mercado who worked on the parting of the Red Sea scene.

He also worked with Disney for a bit and was an effects animator. One effect animation he did was the liquid and bubbles flowing through Basil of Baker Streets test tubes in the Great Mouse Detective.

Comment

My husband liked the movie alot. I didn't really care for it. I guess because of the inaccuracies.

Comment

It was pretty good, highlights would be the musical score and songs. Not a fan of the character designs though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

It's one of my favorite animated movies.

Comment

I enjoy the movie. I think the musical score was well done, the overall animation and colors are well done, whats not to like?
                        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          It was pretty good, highlights would be the musical score and songs. Not a fan of the character designs though.
                          My thoughts exactly.
                          Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                          trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

I prefer Road to Eldorado.
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X