Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

    The first theatrical release from Disneynature will hit theaters on Earth Day 2009 (April 22).

    The trailer is out now, and I'm pretty impressed. It looks beautiful, and the Discovery Channel and BBC is involved -- which gives me more confidence in the project. It's nice to see Disney return to nature films. Walt did wonders with the nature documentary genre back in the 50s and 60s with the True Life Adventures series.

    Take a look at the trailer:

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

  • #2
    Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

    I saw the trailer on my DVD of Prince Caspian the other night. It looks terrific.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

      :clap: I cannot wait for this to be released. Squee! Anders and I were watching some of the old True Life Adventures on Sunday evening and I was marvelling at how engrossing and well done they were.
      Last edited by sunnygirl; 01-13-2009, 02:50 PM.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

        OMG, the trailer totally gave me goosebumps.

        And the DisneyNature logo ... Awesome!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

          Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
          I saw the trailer on my DVD of Prince Caspian the other night. It looks terrific.
          Great Googly Moogly, I didn't know about this! I need to finally tear open my Blu-ray of Prince Caspian and watch this tonight!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

            Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            And the DisneyNature logo ... Awesome!!!
            Yeah, that Disneynature logo is pretty frickin' cool!

            Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

              I saw the trailer during the previews for Bedtime Stories. Imagine seeing it on the big screen. It is beautiful.

              I can't wait to see it when it comes out!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                Wasn't Patrick Stewart the narrator? When did they switch to Darth Vader?

                Anybody kow when the DisneyNature Flamingo movie is supposed to be released to theaters?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                  Alright, I finally got around to watching this trailer. And, well, I'm a little disappointed. You see, all of the scenes in the trailer are from the BBC documentary Planet Earth. I have it on Blu-ray and have watched most of the episodes. It's a great documentary, narrated by Sir Richard Attenborough (whom I don't think is the narrator on the Disneynature trailer), and great looking too as much of it was originally filmed with HD cameras mounted to helicopters. But Disney seems to have basically bought the rights to re-edit the BBC material into three narratives and brand it "Disney" for theatrical release. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing; I think they chose very high quality material to present. I just wish it was all new (to me, at least). Surely, Disney fans who have also seen Planet Earth on DVD, Blu-ray or the Discovery Channel will recognize the material too.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                    Yeah, that's what I was wondering too. I've watched most of the Planet Earth episodes on the Discovery Channel on Sundays.. It would be nice to know how much of the footage will be rehashed from that before I get too excited about this film.

                    But I do love the concept of the movie, especially how it relates to True Life Adventures and Disney's Environmentality and all that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                      Footage is amazing.... I think what would be COOL is to see it with a digital projector on a LARGE screen. Throw on Darth Vader for effect.


                      Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                      Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                        Oh come on, Star Wars doesn't make everything better.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                          ^ What? You didn't like Jar Jar Binks?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                            Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
                            Alright, I finally got around to watching this trailer. And, well, I'm a little disappointed. You see, all of the scenes in the trailer are from the BBC documentary Planet Earth. I have it on Blu-ray and have watched most of the episodes. It's a great documentary, narrated by Sir Richard Attenborough (whom I don't think is the narrator on the Disneynature trailer), and great looking too as much of it was originally filmed with HD cameras mounted to helicopters. But Disney seems to have basically bought the rights to re-edit the BBC material into three narratives and brand it "Disney" for theatrical release. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing; I think they chose very high quality material to present. I just wish it was all new (to me, at least). Surely, Disney fans who have also seen Planet Earth on DVD, Blu-ray or the Discovery Channel will recognize the material too.
                            Yeah, I noticed it too. But they couldn't have picked better source material. I thought Sigourney Weaver did the narration for Planet Earth??? Or was that something else?

                            Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                            Oh come on, Star Wars doesn't make everything better.
                            Star Wars doesn't, but Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) does.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneynature EARTH - In theaters Earth Day 2009.

                              Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                              Yeah, I noticed it too. But they couldn't have picked better source material. I thought Sigourney Weaver did the narration for Planet Earth??? Or was that something else?
                              Richard Attenborough did the narration for the BBC version, Sigourney Weaver did the US version. The blue ray edition of Planet earth is the BBC version.

                              I watched the trailer yesterday. I thought I was watching an episode of Planet Earth. If they are able to focus on the 3 families storyline, it will be different than Planet Earth.

                              I don't see a lot of movies in the theater. I will definitely be watching this one in the theater.
                              Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                              I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.



                              May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

                              NO GOATS!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X