• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmys 2005 (SPOILER ALERT)

What are your favorite shows?

Who and what shows should win?

Who actually won?
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Re: Emmys 2005

i hate the emmys. They are held a block from my apartment, so all roads are closed and traffic everywhere is seriously f***ed up.

Comment

I'd like my favorite shows to win, but not all of them can, since most of them are nominated.
      "Scrubs" - taking the "wander into the mind" concept to a new level, and no laugh track.
      "Deadwood" - love the grittiness that really was the olden days.
      "Six Feet Under" - the morbidness of it all combined with the black humor is a delight to the senses.

Jeremy Piven for "Entourage" - everything I think a Hollywood agent is, and more. Favorite scene was when he's cursing in the house, then interrupts himself to tell his children, "Those are Daddy-only words!"

Comment

Best Drama Series - LOST
        Best Comedy Series - Arrested Development
        Best Animated Series - The Simpsons
        Best Lead Actor/Drama - Ian McShane Deadwood
        " " " /Comedy - Jason Bateman Arrested Development
        Best Lead Actress/Drama - Jennifer Garner ALIAS
        " " " /Comedy - I've never watched Desperate Housewives but one of them will win in this category
        Best Supporting Actor/Drama - Terry O'Quinn LOST
        " " " /Comedy - Jeremy Piven Entourage
        Best Supporting Actress/Drama - CCH Pounder The Shield
        " " " / Comedy - Megan Mullally Will & Grace

Remember, it's an honour just to be nominated....
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Didn't they do that stuff this year already?

Comment

Spoiler
            ABC so far won Direction for Drama (LOST) and Comedy (DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES), and also won Supporting Actor in a Drama (BOSTON LEGAL). Three ABC upsets so far are Terry O'Quinn losing to Shatner, the Lost writing crew losing, and Marc Cherry losing.
            Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 09-18-2005, 06:52 PM.
            “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Who else here thinks Desperate Housewives is WAY overated.

And who knew?! It's a comedy?
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Can honestly say I've never watched Desperate Housewives, no reason in particular, just no appeal for me.

Comment

Who else here thinks Desperate Housewives is WAY overated.

And who knew?! It's a comedy?
                  I'll admit it...I like the show. Is it overrated, honestly, I don't think it is. And it's more of a "dark comedy." The show is "funny" but definitely has dark elements. It's kind of the opposite of Lost. Lost is almost-undeniably a drama, and yet, it has some comedic elements to it.

-Michael
                  “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Spoiler
                    Felicity Huffman just won Best Actress in a Comedy Series!
                    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 09-18-2005, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Spoiler
                      On another ABC note, James Spader (Boston Legal) just won Best Actor in a Drama Series.

-Michael

Comment

Maybe a mod can add that there are spoilers in this thread, or something. I'm in California and they haven't come on yet. I'm rooting for all the Desperate Housewives noms.

Best reality show: The Apprentice, baby!
                        Do you like catching up on the latest Disney news? Then check out the News section here on MiceChat!

Plus the show. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by 100th Dalmation
                          Maybe a mod can add that there are spoilers in this thread, or something. I'm in California and they haven't come on yet. I'm rooting for all the Desperate Housewives noms.

Best reality show: The Apprentice, baby!
                          Sorry about the early reveals. I have concealed all my spoilers in spoiler boxes. I did not realize that it wasn't live everwhere. Any more spoilers from me will be in tags.

-Michael

Comment

Lost has just
                            Spoiler
                            WON

the award for Best Drama. (Don't look if you don't want to know if they won or lost)

Comment

Originally posted by askmike1
                              Sorry about the early reveals. I have concealed all my spoilers in spoiler boxes. I did not realize that it wasn't live everwhere. Any more spoilers from me will be in tags.

-Michael
                              Hey, no problem! I only saw one. Thanks alot for the spoiler boxes!
                              Do you like catching up on the latest Disney news? Then check out the News section here on MiceChat!

Plus the show. - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X