This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song of the South

I heard a rumor that the "Song of the South" movie was coming out on DVD sometime in 2009. Has anyone heard if it's true?
    [URL="http://www.mickeypath.com/"]

Re: Song of the South

I doubt Disney has any current plans to release this title. If it were on the docket, it would be screaming headline news from all major news outlets. Including MiceAge, and MiceChat

Comment

I am hoping that it is true. if it is coming out on dvd, I am gonna get a copy.

Comment

That'd be cool. I haven't seen a good ol' fashioned SOTS flame war in a while.

Comment

I really don't understand why Disney won't release this title. They released the WWII era shorts, and those include some vicious representations of Tojo, Hitler, and such. So why not release SotS?

Comment

As much as I would love this, I won't believe it until I see it on the shelf at my local Best Buy.

Comment

Would be cool, but I'm doubting it. Dick Cook has said in interviews before that it is something they would like to do, but only if it can be done "right."

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

This was what I was referring to on songofthesouth.net:
                The Wren’s Nest Disney to Release Song of the South on Blu-ray and DVD in 2009
                [URL="http://www.mickeypath.com/"]

Comment

Did you notice the date of that article "April 1, 2009"
                  Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
                  ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

I think it's ridiculous that they won't release it.

Comment

The day they finally release this (and uncut) will be a marvelous day.

Comment

They released Peter Pan, which is quite blatantly racist. So why not Song of the South?
                        "I can stand the sight of worms,
                        and look at microscopic germs,
                        but technicolor pachyderms
                        are really too much for me."

Comment

I don't see that it's that unlikely SOTS would be released in the USA...it was in the UK, and I've heard no fuss whatsoever about its release.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorchio View Post
                            I don't see that it's that unlikely SOTS would be released in the USA...it was in the UK, and I've heard no fuss whatsoever about its release.
                            Well I wish it was that easy sadly it's not. While over in the UK and Europe they aren't as uptight about the fact that things from the past are not always so pleasent or politicaly correct. Here in the good ol' USA if the past isn't what you would like to hear, not PC enough or it offends a group of people. Well we either complain and sue or we get people together and revise what history is till it's sanitary enough so it's palatable to the masses. Sadly this wonderful story takes place in the post civil war south where the African American people where not much better off than pre civil war. Many people believe that the movie shows them as slaves so of course that is a no go cause it offends. To bad that Uncle Remus and the good morals that he teaches thru his stories will most likely be sanitized before the ever reair here in the US. Never mind the fact that Uncle Remus is a positive role model. I hope that one day it will be released here unchanged but I won't hold my breath. I like many US SOTS lovers will just have to watch my bootleg dvd.
                            Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                            sigpic

Comment

I own a legitimate Japanese Laser Disc, and have since the mid 1980's. Holding the title back keeps it controversial, if they just release it as a Disney Treasure (with or without PC apologies) it would be a lot harder to demonize

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X