This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney at Comic-Con 2009

Zemeckis, Burton, Miyazaki and Lasseter will take part in industry panels.

Robert Zemeckis and Tim Burton join TRON producers Sean Bailey and Steve Lisberger Patton Oswalt will moderate.

ANIMATION PANEL Hayao Miyazaki and John Lasseter join veteran animation directors Lee Unkrich, Kirk Wise, Ron Clements and John Musker John Lasseter will host the panel and Patton Oswalt will moderate a group Q&A following the presentation, which will include filmmaker insights, trailers and select film sequences.

ABOUT THE MOVIES

PONYO

Hayao Miyazaki NOAH CYRUS) and her quest to become human features an outstanding roster of voice talent, including CATE BLANCHETT, MATT DAMON, TINA FEY, FRANKIE JONAS, CLORIS LEACHMAN, LIAM NEESON, LILY TOMLIN and BETTY WHITE. PONYO opens in U.S. theaters on Aug. 14, 2009.

TOY STORY

TOY STORYTOM HANKS), the lanky, likable cowboy, and Buzz Lightyear (voice of TIM ALLEN), the fearless space ranger. The comically-mismatched duo eventually learn to put aside their differences when circumstances separate them from their owner Andy and they find themselves on a hilarious adventure-filled mission where the only way they can survive is to form an uneasy alliance.

TOY STORY 2
    WAYNE KNIGHT), owner of Al's Toy Barn, kidnaps Woody (voice of TOM HANKSJOAN CUSACK), Bullseye the horse and Stinky Pete the Prospector (voice of KELSEY GRAMMER). Back at the scene of the crime, Buzz Lightyear (voice of TIM ALLEN JIM VARNEY), Rex (voice of WALLACE SHAWN) and Hamm (voice of JOHN RATZENBERGER Robert Zemeckis, captures the fantastical essence of the classic Dickens tale in a groundbreaking 3D motion picture event. Ebenezer Scrooge (JIM CARREY) begins the Christmas holiday with his usual miserly contempt, barking at his faithful clerk (GARY OLDMAN) and his cheery nephew (COLIN FIRTHTHE PRINCESS AND THE FROG

Walt Disney Animation Studios presents the musical THE PRINCESS AND THE FROGANIKA NONI ROSE), a frog prince who desperately wants to be human again, and a fateful kiss that leads them both on a hilarious adventure through the mystical bayous of Louisiana. THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG marks the return to hand-drawn animation from the revered team of John Musker and Ron Clements,PREP & LANDING

ROBBY BENSON
    From Walt Disney Pictures and visionary director Tim Burton comes an epic 3D fantasy adventure ALICE IN WONDERLAND, a magical and imaginative twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. JOHNNY DEPP stars as the Mad Hatter and MIA WASIKOWSKA ANNE HATHAWAY, HELENA BONHAM CARTER and CRISPIN GLOVER ALICE IN WONDERLAND
    TOY STORY 3Toy Story 2Finding Nemo TOY STORY 3TRONGARRETT HEDLUND), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGESOLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Disney at Comic-Con 2009

*faint* *panic* I'll be there on Thursday, but I feel like I should get in line right now!
    I want my cake back!
    sigpic

Comment

•COMIC-CON’S FIRST EVER 3D PANEL — Veteran directors Robert Zemeckis and Tim Burton join TRON producers Sean Bailey and Steve Lisberger on Thurs., July 23 at 11 a.m. for an unprecedented presentation featuring behind-the-scenes filmmaker insights about the highly anticipated 3D adventures DISNEY’S A CHRISTMAS CAROL, ALICE IN WONDERLAND and TRON. In addition to Q&A opportunities with each of the filmmakers, the 90-minute panel will feature never-before-seen concept art, trailers, actual 3D film footage and other Comic-Con-only footage debuts. In a groundbreaking technical feat, this is the first time ever that 3D footage will be shown at Comic-Con. Patton Oswalt will moderate.
      OMG OMG OMG I'm gonna be there on thursday to! But question...do you only need the general pass to see this panel..or is there another pass I'll need to buy/get? Or will it just be a SUPER long line and/or lots of people to see the panel?

Tim Burton...omg omg omg!

Comment

This is going to be SUCH A MAD HOUSE. i'm almost frightened of all this insane coolness.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Hello everyone, I have never been to any comic convention but this sounds like a trip that can't be missed!! Could someone please tell me what the admission fee is and how I can get tickets?? Thank you!

Comment

If you look at the con website, it is already sold out. The only way you will be able to buy tickets at this point is if you buy them (overpriced) on ebay or craigslist.
            San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

Originally posted by twinkie bell View Post
              Hello everyone, I have never been to any comic convention but this sounds like a trip that can't be missed!! Could someone please tell me what the admission fee is and how I can get tickets?? Thank you!
              yup all sold out..I bought my ticket for thursday the 23rd..oh..about 3 months ago. They sold out completely about a month or so ago.

Comment

Tim Burton has been listed as a guest at the San Diego Comic Con many, many times. He's been a no-show every time. I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
                  Tim Burton has been listed as a guest at the San Diego Comic Con many, many times. He's been a no-show every time. I wouldn't expect this year to be any different.
                  really? ew. This is my first comic-con I'm going to but I intend to make it a yearly tradition trip with my son. But ah well if Tim doesn't show up. I just skimmed threw the merchandise on the website....and it will be worth getting some of that!

Comment

Nooooooooo! This is my first year at comic-con, and when I heard he was coming I was so excited. I'll still be at the panel crossing my fingers, though!

Comment

Originally posted by *Arielle* View Post
                      Nooooooooo! This is my first year at comic-con, and when I heard he was coming I was so excited. I'll still be at the panel crossing my fingers, though!

Haha, don't worry too much if Tim Burton doesn't show up. There will be PLENTY else to see and do there. If you can get IN to them! I'm so frightened at how crazy this is going to be.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

can't wait for the john lasseter/miyazaki panel. hopefully my volunteer shift doesn't conflict.

thanks for the update, haha.
                        i've got no strings.

Comment

I wouldn't have shown up to promote that 'Planet of the Apes' either.

This is Lasseter's year there, if he can coax Miyazaki to leave Japan for this, he'll get T.B. out of the Batcave.
                          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

My co-worker says at 7pm PST, comic-con resells returned tickets on eBay but they go FAST!. Here is the link and good luck!!!

eBay Seller: sdcomic-con: items on eBay.com

Comment

I wanna go!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X