This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about recipes from Disney parks/resorts

My work is putting together a cookbook and there's a couple Disney park/resort recipes we'd like to include if at all possible. Does anyone know if this would be ok or would Disney come knocking down our door?

Re: Question about recipes from Disney parks/resorts

If you see the chef at Carnation Cafe ask him for the baked potato soup recipe and if your nice he will probably give it to you. Just say you've been coming for yrs and you love it! He gave us the recipe when he noticed every month or to when we go to Disneyland my mom and I normally get the soup. Very nice guy
    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Disney will give away a lot of their recipes - if you go to City Hall, you can request a recipe and they pull out this giant book and if they have it...they'll hand it over.

If you are looking for Carnation Cafe's Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe....there was a thread on it from 2006. CLICK. I've made it a few times - and it's delicious!

Also, if you google a lot of the recipes - someone will have (usually) posted it somewhere on the web.

OH, and also, Disney sells cookbooks that include some of their recipes.
      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I wrote to Disneyland about getting a copy of a recipe and they said no prob. they sent me a copy of the recipe I requested.

Comment

Ok you guys are mis-reading my question.... Let me restate it.

Can my work publish a recipe from Disney in our own cookbook?

It's just a thing we're doing to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the non-profit I work for. I have the recipe we'd like to include, but I was wondering if it's ok to do that. This is not going to be mass published or anything... you won't find it at your local Barnes & Noble or Borders or on Amazon or whatever. We're doing the printing through Cafe Press.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Ok you guys are mis-reading my question.... Let me restate it.

Can my work publish a recipe from Disney in our own cookbook?

It's just a thing we're doing to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the non-profit I work for. I have the recipe we'd like to include, but I was wondering if it's ok to do that. This is not going to be mass published or anything... you won't find it at your local Barnes & Noble or Borders or on Amazon or whatever. We're doing the printing through Cafe Press.
            There shouldn't be any issue with that.
            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ok thanks. We just need to be careful about copyrights and all that. Last thing we need is WDW's lawyers knocking on our door over a stupid french toast recipe.

Comment

My thought is as long as your company does not charge anyone to purchase the cookbook, it's all gravy!

Comment

I would certainly check with Disney first. To me it seems like something they would object to
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by NatdRat View Post
                    My thought is as long as your company does not charge anyone to purchase the cookbook, it's all gravy!
                    Well that's the thing, we will be selling the cookbook. It's being created to commemorate the non-profit I work for's 25th anniversary next year. Any sales will help supplement the grant money we receive from the government so we can continue to provide free services to families. But we'll only selling the cookbook through our store on Cafe Press.

I guess I better tell them we can't use that particular recipe. Too bad because everyone thought it sounded yummy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X