X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney CEO Iger to get $2 mln salary, bonus - Reuters 10/06/05

Disney CEO Iger to get $2 mln salary, bonus
    Reuters - 10/6/06

LOS ANGELES, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co. (DIS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) Chief Executive Officer Robert Iger will earn $2 million in salary during his first year on the job, and will be eligible for a minimum, performance-based bonus of $7.25 million, the company said in a securities filing on Thursday.
    Check out my other blog:

Re: Disney CEO Iger to get $2 mln salary, bonus - Reuters 10/06/05

He better do a lot to deserve that money. Hey does he own the stocks that Eisner owned as CEO or does Eisner still own those Disney stocks?

Comment

Wasn't Eisner paid $900K plus bonus? That better be a much smaller bonus.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I don't know... I do know that 2 mill is a lot of trips through Del Taco...
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Here is Iger's actual contract, from the SEC filing...

http://disney.edgarpro.com/redirect_...1&res=10&pdf=0

And this was in the same filing.....

Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Principal Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Principal Officers

(b) – (c) The information set forth under Item 1.01 is incorporated herein by reference. In addition, on September 30, 2005, Michael D. Eisner tendered his resignation from the Board of Directors of the Registrant, effective immediately. Mr. Eisner’s status as Chief Executive Officer of the Registrant ended at the conclusion of the Registrant’s fiscal year on October 1, 2005, and he no longer provides any services for the Registrant.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if Eisner joined the board of GE/Universal!!!!

Comment

Maybe Mikey can go work with Shapiro and buy Six Flags
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

$2 million a year is about $1.5 million too much, IMO. Not singling out Iger specifically, just saying that exec salaries have gotten waaay out of hand in recent years.

Mr. Iger, if you're reading this, please earn your salary by getting a deal done with Pixar and restoring Feature Animation to its former glory! PLEASE??
                :beg:

Edit: To correct spelling.
                Last edited by Pacha; 10-07-2005, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Something tells me that Iger will "fund" his new salary, with the salaries of soon-to-be laid off Imagineers.
                  "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X