• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Eisner resigns from the WDC Board of Directors

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuot...6204831_newsml

What the?????

Re: Michael Eisner resigns from the WDC Board of Directors

I know, I posted it on our news server... It is sort of delayed news, but it was included in the SEC filing... Which became public today...
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Wow! This sort of surprises me considering what a Disney freak he apparently is/was. I wonder if he or Disney will say something to the press about it.

Thanks of posting this on the news server, Cellarhound.

Comment

WOW what a suprised. i would like to hear the official press release from Disney. Shoudl be interesting
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Still more details are ccming out:

UPDATE 2-Eisner exits Disney board early, Iger salary set

The additions here are stiputations in Iger's contract....

The contract also awards Iger a one-time grant of 500,000 performance stock units, each equivalent to one share of Disney's common stock.
          Full Story - UPDATE 2-Eisner exits Disney board early, Iger salary set
          Check out my other blog:

Comment

Gee... I wonder if Eisner's early departure from the Board has any connection to a new Disney/Pixar deal?

I can't imagine that Steve Jobs would be too eager to sign a new contract, if there was any speculation about Eisner changing his mind and remaining on the Board past March. (His contract with the BoD wasn't up until Sept 2006.)
            "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
              Gee... I wonder if Eisner's early departure from the Board has any connection to a new Disney/Pixar deal?

I can't imagine that Steve Jobs would be too eager to sign a new contract, if there was any speculation about Eisner changing his mind and remaining on the Board past March. (His contract with the BoD wasn't up until Sept 2006.)
              Unfortunately, I don't think it has any connection other than MAYBE the agreement they made with Roy Disney to drop his lawsuit...

Remember this is something SaveDisney called for...
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

:yea: :vogue: :yea: :vogue: :yea:
                disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

This news comes as a surprise but is welcome for many reasons. Naturally, those who have become disenchanted with Eisner will be glad to hear that he is totally gone. Beyond that, however, this should put to rest any fears of Iger's independence. A change was needed and the time has finally come.
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Wow, I Wonder if he had another offer somewhere else and that was the real motive?

OR could it be that he couldn't handle not being in the driver's seat so to speak.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Eisner has said that he wants to move on once his CEO-ship at Disney was done. He stated that he had no intention on staying at the company (although he would still love the company). It is all the people (and I'm not blaming anyone in particular) that became paranoid and said things like "he's not going to leave the board until the very end of his contract" or "he just wants to become chairman of the board."

-Michael
                      “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

He still has a heafty amount of shareholder votes... That actually is somewhat influencial...
                        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by askmike1
                          Eisner has said that he wants to move on once his CEO-ship at Disney was done. He stated that he had no intention on staying at the company (although he would still love the company). It is all the people (and I'm not blaming anyone in particular) that became paranoid and said things like "he's not going to leave the board until the very end of his contract" or "he just wants to become chairman of the board."

-Michael
                          Very good point.

This is NO (or shouldn't be) surprise whatsoever. Michael Eisner will be involved in another major media company (no, not as CEO) in the very near future.

He isn't some demon puppet-master pulling Iger's strings.

Eisner's gone. Period.

Comment

This YTMND basically sums up what I'm feeling now... I can't believe he's finally and totally gone. *Does a happy dance of victory*
                            M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                            sigpic
                            Flickr

Comment

My first reactions are, in this order:

1. He's up to something. We can expect a new company being formed, or he will join as CEO of Sony or something.
                              2. Maybe he just wants to retire. He did have heart surgery a while back.
                              3. Maybe Iger politely asked him to leave. And this is the public face of that.
                              Kevin Yee
                              MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                              Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                              Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                              Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                              Mouse Trap
                              Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                              101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                              Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X