Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johnny Likes New Pirate's Director

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Johnny Likes New Pirate's Director

    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_(film)

    There was a considerable degree of concern that Johnny Depp might refuse to part with the original direstor of the POTC series (and friend), Gore Verbinski. However, word is (according to Blue sky Disney) that he is warming up quite nicely to Rob Marshall. Pirate's of the Caribbean: On Stranger tides (2011) is shaping up to be a rip roaring slobber knocker!

    As mentioned in the thread title, Marshall is currently directing a new musical film by the name of Nine. The screenplay is inspired by the 1982 Nine musical that, in turn, and "derived from an Italian play by Mario Fatti inspired by Frederico Fellini's autobiographical film, 8 1/2.

    Nicole Kidman is cast as Claudia Jenssen (replacing Catherine Zeta-Jones) as Guido Contini (Dniel Day-Lewis) film star muse, and one of several romantic paramours. According to the official plot Jenssen is going through a "mid-life crises"... just love the way that euphamatoric phrase is pert much always bandied about as a lame attempt to be sophisticated and mask these horn dogs. Anywho, among Jensens numerous other victims.. er, mean lovers... are "his wife (Marion Cotillard), his mistress (Penelope Cruz, his confidant and (clown) costume designer (Judith Dench, an American fasion journalist (Kate Hudson), the whore from his youth (Stacy Fergusen), and his mother (Sophia Loren).

    This marks Kidman's return to a box office musical after having wowed audiences in her beloved role as Satine in 1991's Moulin Rouge! The original Broadway composer Maury Yeston has written several songs for the big screen production, including "Be Italian", "Cinema Italiano", "Take It All", "Unusual Way", and Guarde la Luna (Look at the Moon).
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

    talk of Johnny exiting from Pirates 4, is just that, and only that. talk. Funny that recent talk is ignoring the $20 or $30 plus million that Depp will easily be taking, by portraying his self admitted favorited character. He just wants to make sure he continues to have a voice in how his character is portrayed, and to approve the script. In the movies so far, the best part has been the interaction between Captain Jack and Barbossa ~ that would definitley need to play a part in the next movie ~ as well as adding additional new interesting characters, by other reputable actors..
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

      Just to correct, Dick Cook was not the director of the first three movies. He was the studio chairman.

      The director was Gore Verbinski.
      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

        Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
        Just to correct, Dick Cook was not the director of the first three movies. He was the studio chairman.

        The director was Gore Verbinski.
        Duely noted.. and thanx, DisG. My source was wrong about Cook and I have added Verbinski to post #1 in his place.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

          Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
          talk of Johnny exiting from Pirates 4, is just that, and only that. talk. Funny that recent talk is ignoring the $20 or $30 plus million that Depp will easily be taking, by portraying his self admitted favorited character. He just wants to make sure he continues to have a voice in how his character is portrayed, and to approve the script. In the movies so far, the best part has been the interaction between Captain Jack and Barbossa ~ that would definitley need to play a part in the next movie ~ as well as adding additional new interesting characters, by other reputable actors..
          I enjoy the interaction between Barbossa and Capn Jack most, too. While Jack is funniest, Barbossa has the most well rounded personality. They work pure magic together on the screen. New supporting characters will give the franchise a welcome freshening up.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

            Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
            I enjoy the interaction between Barbossa and Capn Jack most, too. While Jack is funniest, Barbossa has the most well rounded personality. They work pure magic together on the screen. New supporting characters will give the franchise a welcome freshening up.
            Totally agree. Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa does not get enough credit imo. The second movie really suffered from his abscence.

            They could replace any of the other supporting characters, and still have a great movie (not that they were bad by any means), but bring back Barbossa please.

            And no matter how much one loves Depp as Jack Sparrow, these movies definately benefit from strong ensembles. One character does not a good movie make.
            My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

              Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
              Totally agree. Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa does not get enough credit imo. The second movie really suffered from his abscence.

              They could replace any of the other supporting characters, and still have a great movie (not that they were bad by any means), but bring back Barbossa please.

              And no matter how much one loves Depp as Jack Sparrow, these movies definately benefit from strong ensembles. One character does not a good movie make.
              Bringing Johnny back alone would be a mistake. Geoffrey Rush helps to make Johnny's character significantly more interesting and lovable than would be the case in his absense. In a word, Rush is "believable".
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

                ^This news about Rob marshall's 'POTC 4' involvement hit way back on 7/31:

                http://micechat.com/forums/news/1207...il-2010-a.html

                Have not seen any video or anything in print of Johnny Depp expressing any sentiment about Rob Marshall publicly yet, and probably won't until ink is dry on contracts. Depp, as most A list actors of his stature do, has both script and director approval contractually.
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Johnny Likes New Pirates Director That's Directing Nicole Kidman's New Musical..

                  Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                  ^This news about Rob marshall's 'POTC 4' involvement hit way back on 7/31:

                  http://micechat.com/forums/news/1207...il-2010-a.html

                  Have not seen any video or anything in print of Johnny Depp expressing any sentiment about Rob Marshall publicly yet, and probably won't until ink is dry on contracts. Depp, as most A list actors of his stature do, has both script and director approval contractually.
                  Here's an article from Aint It Cool News that contains a letter that mentions the excitement that Marshall and depp share in working together on POTC. Also, Marshall (in addition to the earlier confirmation by the media), this marks the first time that Marshall has personally confirmed his directing pirates. Consider it officially official now.

                  Our First Review Of Rob Marshall's NINE Comes Slinking In! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.
                  Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2009, 08:17 PM.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Johnny Likes New Pirate's Director

                    Thanks for adding that, makes it all that much more you know, real. It also contained this:

                    (FYI, the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN item in the first paragraph isn't really a scoop. News of Marshall's involvement in the fourth film broke late last summer. That said, I think this is the first time he's spoken publicly about it, so I guess you can consider this a confirmation of sorts.)
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Johnny Likes New Pirate's Director

                      Whew. I am hoping that this means Johnny is definately in



                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X