• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magenta Panther
    Banned User
    • Aug 2009

VERY disappointed with "extras" on Snow White DVD

Well, I've had the Snow White DVD for a while now, and I'm still steamed by the lousy "extras" that came with it. Apparently, this platinum edition has very few of the goodies the earlier edition had, and even less of what's available on the Blu-Ray edition.

Well, that tears it. This is the last Disney DVD I'll ever buy.
  • sir clinksalot
    MiceChatter
    • Feb 2005

Re: VERY disappointed with "extras" on Snow White DVD

Sorry you didn't care for the extras. I know it's not any consolation, but the extras on the Blu Ray were great. :blush:

Comment

• winder*wonder
      Banned User
      • Apr 2009

i agree with the blue rays. disney blu ray has been amazing for all the ones i have

Comment

• Goover
        I eat TR's for breakfast!
        • Jul 2008

I think "extras" are called "extras" for a reason, since you did infact buy the "movie."

Comment

• SCUBAbe
          no flash photography...
          • Jan 2005

I never watch the extras. I always find them to be a waste of my time no matter the dvd.

Comment

• Goover
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            I never watch the extras. I always find them to be a waste of my time no matter the dvd.
            I somewhat agree, especially when it comes to the deleted/unfinished scenes.

Comment

• Aladdin
              Prince Ali
              • Jan 2005

Unless Disney places extra's on dvd/blueray previously released, I have absolutely no use for the re-releases.
              Last edited by Aladdin; 01-02-2010, 04:38 PM.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• Magenta Panther
                Banned User
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                I think "extras" are called "extras" for a reason, since you did infact buy the "movie."
                If it weren't for the extras, I doubt I'd buy them at all.

The lousy extras on Snow White are especially disappointing given the great extras on the Pinocchio DVD.

Comment

• Imagineer Scott
                  Pongo is my hero.
                  • Sep 2009

I haven't watched the Cine-Explore yet, but if it's anything like Wall-E's, Cars', or even Up's then you're in for one heck of a time. It's so interesting.

A Blu-Ray is a very good investment!

one hundred and one

Comment

• Coheteboy
                    Starcruiser.. crash crash
                    MiceChat Moderator
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Magenta Panther View Post
                    If it weren't for the extras, I doubt I'd buy them at all.

The lousy extras on Snow White are especially disappointing given the great extras on the Pinocchio DVD.

Sucks for you then, don't it?

I dunno what else to say.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Goover
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post

) Round of applause.

Comment

• Magenta Panther
                        Banned User
                        • Aug 2009

Well, at least now I have a clearer understanding as to why DVD sales have fallen so badly. They generally cost too much and after watching them a few times, they lay on the shelf for ages. In my case, if it weren't for the extras, they'd hit the shelf a lot sooner.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                          no flash photography...
                          • Jan 2005

Well, at least now I have a clearer understanding as to why DVD sales have fallen so badly. They generally cost too much and after watching them a few times, they lay on the shelf for ages. In my case, if it weren't for the extras, they'd hit the shelf a lot sooner.
                          Precisely why I just rent them from netflix and rarely buy them. There's only so many times I can watch the same movie...I really don't need to own it to take up space when I can just rent them. The extras are nothing to me. I never watch them.

Comment

• Magenta Panther
                            Banned User
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                            ) Round of applause.

Thanks..."Goover".

Comment

• Magenta Panther
                              Banned User
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                              Precisely why I just rent them from netflix and rarely buy them. There's only so many times I can watch the same movie...I really don't need to own it to take up space when I can just rent them. The extras are nothing to me. I never watch them.
                              I thought about Netflix...maybe I'll look into that. Because I honestly buy Disney DVDs primarily for the extras, because I think it's fascinating to learn about the creative process and the talents behind Disney films. In the future, though, I'll rent before I buy. It's clear that I can no longer assume that Disney will do right by its classics when transferring them to DVD.

This Snow White DVD is also a bit odd...it has these loooooong gaps of dead air between choices. Hit the audio set-up button, for instance, and you get a black screen that seems to hang there for ages before you're transferred to the section you asked for. Looks like a DVD defect or shoddy engineering. Weird. None of my other Disney DVDs act like that.

Comment

• Coheteboy
                                MiceChat Moderator
                                • Sep 2005

I thought about Netflix...maybe I'll look into that. Because I honestly buy Disney DVDs primarily for the extras, because I think it's fascinating to learn about the creative process and the talents behind Disney films. In the future, though, I'll rent before I buy. It's clear that I can no longer assume that Disney will do right by its classics when transferring them to DVD.

This Snow White DVD is also a bit odd...it has these loooooong gaps of dead air between choices. Hit the audio set-up button, for instance, and you get a black screen that seems to hang there for ages before you're transferred to the section you asked for. Looks like a DVD defect or shoddy engineering. Weird. None of my other Disney DVDs act like that.

I'm going to be completely honest here. It's really up to you to research what the extras are if THAT'S what you're buying them for.

I love Disney animation and I too LOVE extras, but when I know that they're skimping down to save up for a later release, I'll just wait with them.

I saved countless dollars, grief, and thread space that way. I recommend you do the same.

Comment

• Magenta Panther
                                  Banned User
                                  • Aug 2009

I'm going to be completely honest here. It's really up to you to research what the extras are if THAT'S what you're buying them for.

I love Disney animation and I too LOVE extras, but when I know that they're skimping down to save up for a later release, I'll just wait with them.

I saved countless dollars, grief, and thread space that way. I recommend you do the same.

I don't plan on buying any more Disney DVDs anyway. I have the "Walt" classics - Snow White, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp - and some of the lesser movies - Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and Lion King - so there's no need to invest any further. Especially given the organization as it is today. Why would I want to support that?

Comment

• Coheteboy
                                    MiceChat Moderator
                                    • Sep 2005

I don't plan on buying any more Disney DVDs anyway. I have the "Walt" classics - Snow White, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp - and some of the lesser movies - Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and Lion King - so there's no need to invest any further. Especially given the organization as it is today. Why would I want to support that?

You call it an investment. I call it buying the stuff I enjoy.

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                                      KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                                      • Jun 2007

The only 'extra' I watch is the 'Making of...' feature. All the other stuff is bonus.
                                      sigpic
                                      Home away from Home.

Comment

• RedHandedJill
                                        Shifting cargo
                                        • Mar 2009

Well on the Snow White Blu-Ray they had a quiz to find out which Disney princess you were. That was fun, but I don't remember what else was on there. I liked the extras for the Blu-Ray of Pinocchio.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X