This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time'

Jason Segel has found his rainbow connection with Disney's Muppets movie, signing to star as the human lead.

He also will join David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films/TV, the studio-based shingle behind last year's "The Proposal," as a producer on the project.

James Bobin is on board to direct the movie, the plot of which is under wraps. The TV show as well as some of the movies tended to have one key human actor with whom the Muppets associated on their adventures. It is known that Segel plays a man on a quest to find and reunite the Muppets.

The actor's coming aboard is a natural extension of the development process; he wrote the script with pal Nicholas Stoller.
    The Hollywood Reporter | Heat Vision | Comics | Movie News:Jason Segel to star in Muppets movie (exclusive)

3/12/08
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/9218...ovie-team.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time'

Not surprised, but totally happy. I really hope this film lives up to my expectations, because I'm totally stoked for a return to old school Muppet greatness. I wonder which of Segel's friends is gonna wind up playing the villain.

Comment

The last time I saw Jason Segal, I saw entirely too much of Jason Segal...in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

And now Disney's hired that exhibitionist to star in and direct a Muppets movie?

This is stupid beyond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Magenta Panther View Post
        And now Disney's hired that exhibitionist to star in and direct a Muppets movie?
        He's starring in the film he's co-written and along with a list of others will be a producer on but not making his feature film debut on.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X