This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Anime on Adult Swim

I was watching Full Metal Alchemist last night on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim and they ran an ad for a new 6 part anime series that was coming on right after FMA. I decided to watch it. I cannot remeber the name as it is very confusing in English (even the TV listing only gives some intials) but it is the best animated Anime I have seen yet. Very 3-D use with a heavy does of multiplane type camera use. It is also very good. Great story and very scary. Not for little kids. It is about a city that traps children into playing a game, and then uses them to supply energy to light the city. Aliens are in charge. The show is full of traditional Japanese type Demons as well. It is a 6-part series and I intend to watch all 6 episodes. It is on Saturday at Midnight here on the West Coast. I really hope they come out with a DVD of all 6 episodes on this one. No silly stuff here at all and is sort of a Mystery/fnantasy/sci-fi/horror show all rolled into one. Very dark and scary.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: New Anime on Adult Swim

Hmm you might be thinking of Fooly Cooly but is commonly adressed as FLCL. I know it's an anime with only 6 episodes that was showen about a year ago on adult swim but is still replayed from time to time. I have yet to see all 6 parts my self but from what I saw it is a really great anime. I would bet that this is the anime your thinking of.

Comment

I found out it was a one time short anime movie entitled "Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek", that Adult Swim showed that one time. It is available on DVD already at Amazon for $15.95 so I ordered it. The movie is 25 minutes long and the DVD has 52 minutes of extras. It has one several awards for story and animation.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

The DVD came yesterday and I have watched it twice already. The extra's are all in Japanese with English Subtitles. This movie is incredible and if you get a chance to see, do so. You won't be sorry, it is scary and full of Japanese Demons doen in a very un-traditional way. This is one of the best Japanese Anime movies, short as it is, that I have seen yet, and I have seen a lot.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X