This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged Tower of Tower stroke victim demanding a new trial

A little over a week ago an Orange County jury threw out a claim by 80 year old Marvin Cohen that the Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios caused him to have a stroke 3 weeks after riding it.

Mr Cohen has not given up though and is still seeking to get some kind of settlement from Disney. Lawyers for Mr. Cohen are argueing that the jury was not given adequate instructions before deliberations and are now demanding a retrial.

In a statement, Cohen's lawyers are saying that Judge Rodriguez should have told the jury to concider this a 'general negligence claim' and not a premisis liability claim, which involves different legal standards, and that the judge barred Cohen's lawyers from admitting various pieces of evidence showing just how dangerous Tower of Tower really is. Nevermind the fact that Disney lawyers did show the safety record for the ride and proved it to be totally safe.

for more on this story, please go to Disney Tower of Terror lawsuit: Victim alleging Disney's Tower of Terror is unsafe wants a new trial | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 05-13-2010, 12:41 PM.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Alleged Tower of Tower stroke victim demanding a new trial

where can i find this tower of tower?

Comment

Seriously? There are a LOT of factors that could have happened in the 3 weeks between riding Tower of Terror and the stroke that could have been factors. Plus... he's 80 years old!

:bang:

Comment

An 80 year old having a stroke 3 weeks after riding TOT is very possible. :botox:

Must be Disney's fault.

Comment

Maybe I should sue them for the bruise I got on my knee when I got into a ride vehicle too fast and tripped and smacked my knee on the step thing.

Comment

Remember... he was not 80 when he had the stroke. This lawsuit is 8 years old and he had the stroke prior to that.

Still... it's not enough to get anything out of it. Especially if it happened 3 weeks later.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I should have sued when I was on indy and the jerky ride sprained my wrist on the bar I chose to hold on to.

Or when I had a stair pass and splash broke down. they made me walk down all the stairs even after I told them I have problems with stairs. My knee was messed up f or about 3 weeks after.

Comment

This is just geting sad now, it was disgust before but now it is just sad
                Come all and read about my new Tomorrowland

Comment

I'm sorry he had a stroke. It's a very serious thing and if Disney was responsible I would want to see them make amends.
                  But three weeks later? When you're in your 70's?
                  I can't see how this can be Disney's fault.

"Do you want me to be like you or totally honest?"
                  "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
                  "I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing basically."

Comment

Yeah, well I,m gonna sue Disney cuz I rode the Tea Cups and it made me so dizzy that a week later I stubbed my big toe. They should have warned me!

Comment

i plan to sue disney because 6 years ago i went on splash mountain, and i didn't know i was going to get splashed. because of my damp clothes, 2 weeks later i caught a cold.

Comment

So, if I have a heart attack 2 weeks from now I could sue Disney, since I did ride TOT, the Matterhorn, Big Thunder R.R., and squeezed in one of those addicting corndogs. What a shame. They really need to put a warning label on those corndogs as that can be quite an addiction!!!

Comment

I stubbed my toe a week after i got back. I think Splash Mountain might have been involved.....
                          -----------------------------------------------
                          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I had a mild stroke after riding the Tea Cups, spinning the wheel as hard as I could, a couple of years ago. But I would never blame Disneyland for it. They have warning signs. It was my own fault. For somebody to sue Disneyland 3 weeks after the ride is way over the top.

Comment

we live in a world that is "sue" happy and all they want is a quick buck and companies like Disney unfortunately are targets of these kinds of people. Ride at your own risk, you read the warning signs that are posted ALL over the place!
                              A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X