• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soulquarian
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Coolest Films Coming to Theatres!

There are so many cool movies coming out, here are a few of the ones I am most looking forward to..

The Flash (you know, the fast guy in a red suit?)
    Batman Begins
    The Fantastic Four
    Jurassic Park 4
    Tron (remake)
    Pirates of the Caribbean II & III
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (remake)
    War of the Worlds
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    The Transformers (yep, I said it, AND it's being directed by Steven Spielberg!!)
  • PirateMunkee
    June 3rd, 2011
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Soulquarian
    There are so many cool movies coming out, here are a few of the ones I am most looking forward to..

The Flash (you know, the fast guy in a red suit?)
    Batman Begins
    The Fantastic Four
    Jurassic Park 4
    Tron (remake)
    Pirates of the Caribbean II & III
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (remake)
    War of the Worlds
    The Transformers (yep, I said it, AND it's being directed by Steven Spielberg!!)
    Whoa whoa whoa.......Where in the heck did you hear about a Tron remake??!! I heard about Tron 2.0 which is a video game but I heard nothing about a movie remake. Holy crap.....I'm so there!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

• Boingonut
      New Waver
      • Jan 2005

CHARLIE and the Chocolate Factory is NOT a remake!!! It is not going to be a musical and the thing is much more based on the book then the Gene Wilder classic. With that cleared up CATCF is what I am most looking forward to, all hail to Tim Burton! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Comment

• IndyJn511
        Rawr...
        • Jan 2005

I heard JP4 is supposed to be about genetically altering raptors to be as smart as humans... science wise...I'm cautiously pessimistic.
        Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
        http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
        sigpic

Comment

• Soulquarian
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2005

Sam Neil went into an interview saying that all rumors that have been speculated about the movie's plot (including the story about raptors being as smart as humans with guns on their heads beign used by the military yada yada yada) are untrue. Steven Spielberg, who may be directing this time, only said this... the movie will not be set in the jungle...

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
            Greetings, Program!
            • Jan 2005

They're making a Flash movie? First I've heard of it.
            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• IndyJn511
              Rawr...
              • Jan 2005

Theres been talk of a Green Lantern movie too... Hes my favorite superhero!

sigpic

Comment

• Soulquarian
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2005

There are a few more superhero flicks coming out including

Ghost Rider
                Silver Surfer
                Spawn (although it is still in development)

After the success of Spider-Man 2, studios are beginning to see that a comic book movie with a good plot, great special effects, and attention to detail, can make for lots of $$$

All I care about is seeing Venom and or Carnage in the next Spider-Man movie. I would die... Best freaking villians in comic book history!!!!!

Comment

• Alchimedes
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2005

Ghost Rider
                  Silver Surfer

After the success of Spider-Man 2, studios are beginning to see that a comic book movie with a good plot, great special effects, and attention to detail, can make for lots of $$$

All I care about is seeing Venom and or Carnage in the next Spider-Man movie. I would die... Best freaking villians in comic book history!!!!!
                  Awesome Silver Surfer!! That will be awesome, Great to see Spider-man 2 win some Oscars too.
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• Emelius_Browne
                    Doing it with a flair
                    • Feb 2005

Willy Wonka (I love the original so I'm a bit skeptical but I love Burton)
                    Corpse Bride
                    Star Wars Episode Three (I'm very nervous about this movie but I still want to see it)
                    Sin City
                    Eros
                    Palindromes
                    The Interpreter
                    XXX:State of the Union (only because my friend is in it)
                    Kingdom of Heaven (I love Ridley Scott)
                    Toshimingo Blues (I LOVE Don Cheadle)
                    Harry Potters 4-7
                    Last edited by Emelius_Browne; 03-01-2005, 10:26 PM.
                    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
                    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
                    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

• Evil Minion
                      wasting time
                      • Jan 2005

I'm not too optomistic about going to a theater after looking at those film titles.

Too many remakes & sequels.

In addition to the ones posted:

Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire
                      Harry Potter & The Order of The Phoenix
                      I Dream Of Jeannie
                      Bewitched
                      The Dukes Of Hazzard
                      Herbie: Fully Loaded
                      X-Men 3
                      The Shaggy Dog
                      Scary Movie 4
                      The Bourne Ultimatum
                      Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
                      Shrek 3
                      Shrek 4
                      Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
                      Legend of Zorro

Comment

• CrazyDreamer
                        behind the curtain
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Boingonut
                        CHARLIE and the Chocolate Factory is NOT a remake!!! It is not going to be a musical and the thing is much more based on the book then the Gene Wilder classic. With that cleared up CATCF is what I am most looking forward to, all hail to Tim Burton! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
                        I'm looking forward to this also, but nothing (not even the amazing Mr. Depp) can beat Wilder's Wonka. Maybe it's just because I'm partial to musicals, but that movie will always be one of my favorites.
                        Others that I'm looking forward to: Corpse Bride and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
                        :love:

Comment

• FigmentJedi
                          MiceChatter
                          • Feb 2005

Star Wars Episode 3
                          King Kong
                          Robots
                          The American Release of Howls Moving Castle and hopefully, Godzilla Final Wars

Comment

• Socapex
                            Banned User
                            • Jan 2005

I love Tim Burton, I think jonny Depp is a decent actor, and I understand that this is technically not a "remake." I usually don't get all pissy over reworkings of films but the "Charile and the Chocolate Factory" slightly worries me. Burton's track record of remakes are kinda crappy. "Sleepy Hollow" and "Planet of the Apes" were...un-good. The original "Willy Wonka" is just scrumdidilyuptiously spectacular and I am affraid that Tim will screw it up. Kids will grow up on Burton's version and not the original masterpiece. And even though it isn't considered a remake, it is one. Okay, it's gonna be a little darker and have a different title. Well, it's still an adaptation of the same work.

Burton's films definetely have a look to them that I could see the Rold Dahl novel paralleling. He is my favorite director in hollywood (tied with QT) but I think he should continue to produce/write/direct films as spectacular as "Nightmare" "Edward Sissorhands" "Big Fish" and "frankenweenie." He should stay away with messing with art that stands great on it's own.

Yes, I am prejuding. I will see this film, but I just can't understand how it can even compare to the orginial. Here's hoping it's great.

Comment

• IndyJn511
                              Rawr...
                              • Jan 2005

They're making another Spawn? Whos Spawn?

sigpic

Comment

• Retlaw Yensid
                                Minion
                                • Jan 2005

am I the only one that can't wait to see The Pacifier? :devil:
                                "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

• IndyJn511
                                  Rawr...
                                  • Jan 2005

I think it looks good!

sigpic

Comment

• PirateMunkee
                                    June 3rd, 2011
                                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                    • Jan 2005

Ghost Rider
                                    Silver Surfer

Nicholas Cage is playing Johnny Blaze aka Ghost Rider in the movie. I also want to see Venome in Spiderman 3 but I heard it's going to be the lizard as the main villian. As for Spawn, I heard rumor that it was going to happen along time ago. I hope it is soooo much darker than the one that came out awhile back. Spawn is my fave and he's a very dark character.
                                    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

• Hector
                                      Why do you keep talking?
                                      • Feb 2005

My list i made for a few other websites, copy and pasted for you folks to learn about some cool movies coming out this year.

I have quite a few I want to see this year.

Aeon Flux
                                      I loved the TV show, and it has Charlize Theron!
                                      The Brothers Grimm
                                      Written and Directed by Terry Gilliam (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail, Twelve Monkeys)
                                      Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
                                      It's burton and Depp in what looks to be one screwed up movie. I'm so there.
                                      Chicken Little
                                      I really hope this is going to be good, the trailer looks great.
                                      The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
                                      WETA Workshop (Responsible for the effects on the LotR trilogy, Contact, and The Frighteners to name a few movies they've done) Disney, and Walden Media. This movie is going to be, at the very least, visually stunning and beautiful. I read the book for school, so I really hope this turns out great.
                                      Corpse Bride
                                      Once again, Burton and Depp. I LOVED The Nightmare Before Christmas, so this one should be fun.
                                      Crash
                                      I <3 Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Esposito, and Thandie Newton
                                      The Exorcism of Emily Rose
                                      I Love court movies, so this one should be interesting with the "demonic" twist
                                      Fantastic Four
                                      *drool*Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, and Julian McMahon*drool*
                                      Flightplan
                                      YAY Jodie Foster
                                      The Fountain
                                      Darren Aronofsky is all I need to get my butt in that theater
                                      High Tension
                                      YAY French Horror movies! I've heard great things about this movie
                                      The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
                                      the full trailer can be found at www.amazon.com, who knows why. This looks to be a great movie. I need to read the books though
                                      Howl's Moving Castle
                                      I've recently fell in love with Hayao Miyazaki's films and already own three with more on the way. His movies never cease to amaze me with how awesome they are.
                                      Imaginary Heroes
                                      This just looks like a really good movie. Sigourney Weaver looks very good in the movie (acting wise...)
                                      The Interpreter
                                      So much star power it should be ok at the least.
                                      King Kong
                                      The site is great, they have regular updates with a video diary from Peter Jackson. I like a lot of his movies (Even the INSANE Meet the Feebles) so this should be good.
                                      Kung Fu Hustle Another trailer
                                      Nothing like an Extremely over the top Kung Fu Musical Comedy (hard to believe? watch the trailer)
                                      Mindhunters
                                      I first saw the trailer way back in January of 2004, so I've been waiting for this movie for quite some time now. I just hope it really it released this year. Come on Disney (Dimension)!!
                                      Mr. and Mrs. Smith
                                      *drool*Brad Pitt and Angelina Joilie*drool*
                                      Old Boy (Check out the trailer for the UK release here (10MB .mov file), English movie info here
                                      I'm very excited about seeing this movie, I've heard nothing but praise for it, and It's even going to be re-made in English, big surprise there...
                                      Red Eye
                                      It's Wes Craven and an Airplane! I hope this turns out good.
                                      RENT
                                      I like the soundtrack, I love Idina Menzel, and Chris Columbus is a good director. I'm hoping this turns out great!
                                      The Ring 2
                                      http://www.she-is-here.com/ Is a fun site for the movie with forums, very creative promo. Also, The Tape. I really like the first movie (both Japanese and American) and i can't wait for this one!
                                      Robots
                                      The Trailer is funny, let's hope the whole movie is.
                                      Silent Hill
                                      Yup based on the games. Major spoilers to the plot can be found here. I think it sounds great. More true to the game then any of the other videogame movies so far *cough* Resident Evil*cough*
                                      Sin City
                                      This movie will kick MAJOR . The cast is amazing and the comic book feel works very well. Robert Rodriguez is my hero for leaving the Director's guild to. This movie is rated "R" for very good reason. I can NOT wait for this movie. Is it April yet?
                                      Skeleton Key
                                      I <3 Kate Hudson. This looks decent enough.
                                      A Sound of Thunder
                                      Based on the short story of the same name by Ray Bradbury, I read the story in school, so It'll be interesting to see where they go with the story in the movie.
                                      Southland Tales
                                      It's a musical comedy set in 2008. Written and directed by Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko) with Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seann William Scott, Janeane Garofalo, Ali Larter, Jason Lee, Tim Blake Nelson, Amy Poehler, Kevin Smith, and Kristern Stewart. The site is fun, so I hope this turns out great!
                                      Swimming Upstream
                                      Powerful Drama about the life of Anthony Fingleton with Geofry Rush and Judy Davis. it looks to be a great coming of age story, plue Jesse Spencer is hot.
                                      Tideland
                                      Written and Directed by terry Gilliam (See the Brothers grimm up above) Plus, you can't go wrong with a movie poster like this!
                                      Undead
                                      Looks to be another fun Zombie movie with plenty of gore, YAY!
                                      The Wallace & Gromit Movie
                                      I LOVE Wallace and Grommit, so this should be a very fun movie, I expect nothing less from Aardman
                                      War of the Worlds
                                      I don't think i need to say much about this. I can't wait to see it!
                                      The Woods
                                      No trailer yet, but this sounds like a fun horror-ish movie.

That's all I can think of for now. Sadly, the way the movie business goes, I wouldn't doubt if some the movies I mentioned are probably going to be shoved back until 2006 or later. As long as I get to see them though, I'd be happy.
                                      "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                                      You set the bar I could not live up to
                                      Tonight the light is breaking through
                                      So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                                      Zebrahead

Comment

• Sam the iPod
                                        Do I seem familiar?
                                        • Jan 2005

So far this beginning of the year has been a dud in terms of blockbuster releases. I mean, there have been some entertaining movies out there but I haven't seen one yet that made me say "Wow."

And just wanted to chime in about Corpse Bride. I saw a still from the movie and read the original folktale and can't believe that I have to wait til October to see it!

Oh... and no more Jurassic Park sequels, please!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X