This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iger on Marvel characters in the parks

I put that question to Bob Iger, president and CEO of Walt Disney Co., on Thursday at the blue-carpet event at the premiere of "Disney's World of Color" at Disney's California Adventure, the Anaheim theme park that has struggled to find a strong identity since opening in 2001. Iger, whose company took over Marvel in a $4 billion deal January, seemed to chew on the question a bit, but in the end, he stayed safely vague in his response.
    "We're just now considering all of our different options, so it would be premature to say when or where in the parks you would see Marvel characters -- but I think it's safe to say that you're going to see some of those great Marvel characters walking around in the future."
    Disney CEO: Marvel characters have a future in Disney parks | Hero Complex | Los Angeles Times
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Iger on Marvel characters in the parks

If there was a San Francisco area, the X-Men would fit in there since they are Bay area based.

Comment

Can't wait to see spiderman walking around.
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Not in Disneyland. I don't care what they put in DCA, but please, not Disneyland.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
          If there was a San Francisco area, the X-Men would fit in there since they are Bay area based.
          Last I heard, the X-Men left America during The Dark Reign and created an island called Utopia. However, historically they are based at Xavier's Institute for Gifted Learners in Westchester.

I wouldn't mind meeting some X-Men. I would like a picture with Colosuss or Angel. I think alot of other people would too.
          No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJ.Squirrel View Post
            Last I heard, the X-Men left America during The Dark Reign and created an island called Utopia. However, historically they are based at Xavier's Institute for Gifted Learners in Westchester.

I wouldn't mind meeting some X-Men. I would like a picture with Colosuss or Angel. I think alot of other people would too.
            During the Dark Reign storyline, they moved onto Asteroid M, which became the island Utopia. The island is currently in the bay. In the latest storyline Utopia and San Francisco are all inside an energy orb and no one inside can escape.

They are still based in the bay area, just on an island a fastball special away from San Francisco.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X