No announcement yet.

Tim Burton retrospective opens at LACMA May 2011

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Burton retrospective opens at LACMA May 2011

Tim Burton's goth universe -- at once disturbing and oddly inviting -- will land at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in a major retrospective exhibition featuring artwork tied to his movies as well as original drawings, sculptures and other works created throughout his career.

The show is scheduled to run from May 29 to Oct. 31, 2011.

The exhibition originally opened at New York's Museum of Modern Art in November, where it became one of the most-attended exhibitions in the museum's history. Curators for the MoMA show were Ron Magliozzi, Jenny He and Rajendra Roy.

Before coming to LACMA, the show is also set to run at the Australian Center for the Moving Image and Toronto's Bell Light Box.

Once a student at CalArts, Burton worked for Disney as an animator before becoming a director. His first major feature film was "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" in 1985. His other notable films include "Beetlejuice," "Batman," "Ed Wood," "Mars Attacks!," "Sleepy Hollow," "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Alice in Wonderland."
    Tim Burton exhibition coming to LACMA in May 2011 | Culture Monster | Los Angeles Times
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Tim Burton retrospective opens at LACMA May 2011

This sounds great. I wanted to see in in NY, but couldn't fit it in while I was there. I'm looking forward to it.

Re: Tim Burton retrospective opens at LACMA May 2011

Nice it's coming to LACMA, I liked the Dali and Film Exhibit that was there. Now, Where on the LACMA Campus, are they going to put it?

sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.