Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo del Toro to direct new "Haunted Mansion" movie!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillermo del Toro to direct new "Haunted Mansion" movie!

Just announced at Comic-Con and on Twitter! @DisneyPictures
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: Guillermo del Toro to direct new "Haunted Mansion" movie!

See the tweets:

Twitter / Walt Disney Pictures: Guillermo del Toro will be ...

Twitter / Walt Disney Pictures: Director Guillermo del Tor ...
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Interesting. He's great director and can give HM the movie it deserves.

Comment

Oh God. Disney won't stop at anything in an attempt to update their rides to something stupid. Great...

Comment

I am not familiar with most of his other work but I think he can give the movie the treatment it deserves. Unfortunately, they went the safe, family-comedy route with the original movie. With this movie, I think they'll use the subject matter to its fullest extent and make us proud. I can hope.
          -Hale (wumbology)

Comment

New Haunted Mansion movie in 3D

I just saw this on Disney's Facebook page:

Guillermo del Toro just made a surprise announcement that he will be directing a brand new Haunted Mansion movie in 3D, told from the perspective of the Hatbox Ghost, and it will be SCARY!

Disney | Facebook

I wonder what it will be like. Hopefully it doesn't mean any movie tie-ins with the exception of the return of the Hatbox Ghost himself.

Comment

THe Hollywood Reporter has it covered as well:
              Guillermo del Toro to produce 'Haunted Mansion' (exclusive Q&A)

Comment

This is AWESOME news!!!!

I would think this will NOT be a comedy and will at least by PG-13.

Comment

He did Pan's Labyrinth and The Orphange, two critically acclaimed films. So yeah, he has the credits to give this movie the right treatment. Although those two movies were fairly dark.

Comment

IT looks good so far, apparently he's a HUGE HM fan and you know he won't make it into an eye-rolling clown pic like the last one.

Comment

Re: New Haunted Mansion movie in 3D

Hmm.Interesting.well being Disney I wouldn't think they would want to make it like nightmare scary but I guess we will see.Did it say when it was supposed to come out or ?

Comment

Awesome. Guillermo del Toro is an amazing director. Pretending they never made that monstrosity with Eddie Murphy is the way to go. This could end up being VERY well done.

Also... could the release of the movie mean the return of the HBG?

Comment

Will Terrence Howard play Jim Evers?

Comment

barbossa, you are evil

Comment

I'm betting this will finally bring the Hat Box Ghost back in the attic.

I'm hoping they don't go too far the opposite direction, tone-wise. The problem with the previous movie wasn't that it was a comedy, it was that it was a lousy comedy. My ideal Haunted Mansion movie would be a little spooky and a little funny - you know, like the attraction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X