This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition -Oct 5-

Disney's Beauty and the Beast is being taken out of the virtual vault once again. The new Diamond Edition Blu-Ray plus DVD combo is set to be released Oct 5. A DVD-only edition will follow a few weeks after (much like last year's re-release of Snow White).

Wanna save $10? If you are on Disney Movie Rewards, enter in this number in the code box to get your $10 off coupon:

Coming up shortly, the next Disney animated classic to be released on DVD is The Black Cauldron 25th Anniversary Edition. It will be hitting store shelves along with Prince of Persia on Sept 14. It seems there will be a Disney DVD/Blu hitting store shelves each week in the run up to Christmas.

Re: Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition -Oct 5-

Has it been seven years already since it's previous DVD release?

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
      Has it been seven years already since it's previous DVD release?
      Yup. Eight years actually. The Platinum Edition came out Oct 8, 2002.

Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are also being re-released this year in a Diamond Edition, in late November I think.

Comment

I'll have to pick up Fantasia to finally retire my original CAV Laser Disc

Comment

The Beauty and the Beast DVD was poor quality, due to so many versions of the movie on one disc. This upgrade will be most welcome.
          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

I'll have to pick up Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 when they come out.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I've been waiting for B&tB for years now.

I missed the DVD release. Sad to say, the only copy I have is still the VHS. And it's starting to show it's wear and tear...shocking, I know.
              sigpic
              Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                The Beauty and the Beast DVD was poor quality, due to so many versions of the movie on one disc. This upgrade will be most welcome.
                You know I've heard this complaint for years, yet the image quality of the disc has never bothered me, even on a 52" screen.

I'll have to put the disc out again and see if my opinion has changed

Comment

Thought I should bump this thread cause I think it deserves it. Got my copy earlier in the week, but watched for the first time last night. Awesome job by Disney. The quality of this film has always been top notch, but the blu ray just puts it over the top. I loved it.
                  sigpic
                  Home away from Home.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X