X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Lilo & Stitch, my opinion...

Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

I liked the little guy much more when he didn't talk. And really, was there any reason for him to? His emotions were wonderfully demonstrated through his body language, and those huge, hilarious ears.
    A bit Dumbo-ish really...hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by quasimodo1384
      A bit Dumbo-ish really...hmmm
      LOL. I wouldn't go that far. But having Huskies all my life, I can appreciate the emotion displayed in an animal's ears. And they did it wonderfully here.

Comment

I love the characters that don't talk! Dumbo you can relate to so much because he never talks and yet his emotions are so clear. The magic carpet from Aladdin was great because once again the animators did an awsome job bringing it to life, and of course Stitch...I agree...his ears are so awsome!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
          when have you EVER seen a kid that age express themselves with such maturity...
          Sadly, I've known quite a few. It's amazing, and tragic, how quickly and profoundly a young child can grow and mature after they have experienced events (like the death of their parents or other loved ones) which someone their age should never have to. I guess that's one reason why I am so partial to the movie; Lilo reminds me of some of the poor little ones I have known who are much older than their years.

BTW, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I'll be surprised if, after the next few viewings, it doesn't grow on you more and more.

Comment

I'm glad you liked it. And like Jazzman said, I won't be surprised if the more you watch it the more you like it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I didn't really care for L&S the first time I saw it. I wanted to, but I didn't. I loved the Hawaiian themes, but didn't particularly like Stitch. My kids though.....loved it. Saw it again and again.....with other people, because I didn't want to sit through it again. There were some funny lines (Oh, good! My dog found the chainsaw!), but Stitch just bugged.

Several years later.....and I've now seen it a dozen times. I still don't love Stitch, but we've had a freaking L&S birthday party, own all the Stitch movies (haven't seen anything but the original myself) and own more Stitch stuffed toys than is necessary. We even have the L&S DVD game, which I detest. :devil:

But I like the movie. Finally. I now get what everyone else got the first time they saw it. It just took me a few years.

Comment

The only possible exclusion would be when he goes out on his own with the book, and manages (barely!) to sat "At last..." and then look around for his family to show up, as if it would happen just as it did in the book..
                I always thought he said, "I'm lost."
                :confused:

Glad you saw "L&S".

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                  He did. He even reads it from the book.
                  "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket

Glad you saw "L&S".
                    You're right, of course! My mind must have been elsewhere when I wrote that! :confused:

Comment

This film didn't connect with me at all. I found it hectic and its "hammer you over the head with family values story" was exhausting.

The lovely watercolor backgrounds and some of the animation was refreshing but I kept wishing for the Men in Black to arrive and finish him off.
                      "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I felt much more for the silent Stitch than the chatty one. The only possible exclusion would be when he goes out on his own with the book, and manages (barely!) to sat "At last..." and then look around for his family to show up, as if it would happen just as it did in the book. A sad scene, which really called for him to croak out those words... *sniff*
                        He actually said "I'm lost..." just like the lost little duckling. (oops- I see others pointed that out LOL)

I LOVE this movie.....I love the way they addressed the death of the parents rather than just following the Disney tradition of having dead parents for no reason and never dealing with it.

Comment

Lilo & Stitch is so cute I also love Elvis
                          :crazylegs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X