Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...and the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar goes to...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar goes to...

Ten Films to Compete For Animation Oscar
    Source: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
    November 17, 2005

Chicken Little
    Gulliver's Travel
    Hoodwinked
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Madagascar
    Robots
    Steamboy
    Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
    Valiant
    Wallace & Gromit - The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Under the rules for this category, a maximum of three films can be nominated in a year in which the field of eligible entries numbers at least eight but fewer than sixteen.

Films submitted in the Best Animated Feature category also may qualify for Academy Awards
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: ...and the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar goes to...

Plenty that meet eligability this year, but is there really an Oscar caliber film in that bunch?

Comment

Wallace and Gromit is clearly heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of story and quality.

Comment

I get to chose 3....

Wallace & Gromit
        Corpse Bride
        Madagascar

Not in that particular order.
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Valiant made it on the list?

I think Corpse Bride or Wallace & Gromit - The Curse of the Were-Rabbit have the best chance of winning... and maybe chicken little. It did have very nice looking animation. I never saw Robots or Madagascar, so I can't say.

Comment

Personally, my list is this:
            Howl's Moving Castle
            Wallace and Gromit
            Steamboy

Comment

Walalce and Gromit is the major one on the list, I agree. It's a piece of work, alright, very good.

Peace,
              Roo
              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

1st pick: Corpse Bride
                2nd pick: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Comment

'Wallace and Gromit' hands down!

Comment

Wallace and Grommit has to win, I can't imagine any other that did this good.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

If Howl won (mmmmm, naked wizard with Christian Bale's voice) I'd squee so loud the house would tremble. But a) Miyazaki got it two years ago, b) Howl wasn't a critical darling the way Spirited Away was, and c) he doesn't care about awards and is unlikely to show up, so I'm sure they'll give it to sodding Madagascar or something else unworthy.

Steamboy would be a worthy nominee, IMHO, it was just such a marvel to look at--so bombast and action-packed and full of neat steampunk contraptions and London getting destroyed. But it'll never be nominated. America still by and large considers all anime to be nothing but big eyes, violence and naked chicks and therefore it's all automatically trash.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X