Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the last Disney family member to run the Walt Disney Company?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the last Disney family member to run the Walt Disney Company?

Who was the last Disney family member to run the Walt Disney Company after Walt and Roy Disney? Why was he replaced by Micheal Eisner?

Re: Who was the last Disney family member to run the Walt Disney Company?

Wasn't it Walt's son-in-law? I think he just wanted out.
    Oh...I'm afraid the deflector shield...will be quite operational...when your friends arrive.

Comment

It was Ron Miller, Walt's Son-in-law, and he most definitely didn't want out. You can find more info on my blog, I'm covering this period right now.
      Side note, one could argue that it was Roy E. Disney as he was Vice Chairman for awhile after Eisner/Wells came on board.
      My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bartholomew
        They could argue that it was Roy E. Disney as he was Vice Chairman for awhile after Eisner/Wells came on board. They change after some year chairman and other member.
        Like I said, one could make that argument, however, Eisner/Well were very definitely running things, not Roy.
        My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

I always thought it was Roy (Walt's nephew) who was the last true Disney family member to have anything to do with the company. That's just my opinion.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" Uncle Walt

"THAT'S R
          IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Ye. I am agreed with SparkChaser. Thanks
            Last edited by Ticket07; 10-17-2011, 11:29 PM.
            flex ticket
            Orland flex ticket

Comment

Yes, Sparkchaser, Roy O. Disney was head of feature animation and on the board of directors, but he didn't RUN the company. The last relative of any sort was, as others have indicated, Ron Miller, from 1980 to 1983.

But only ONE direct relative of Walt Disney has ever run the company -- he was chairman from 1966 to 1971, following Walt's death through to his own shortly after Walt Disney World opened ....less than two months, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkChaser View Post
                I always thought it was Roy (Walt's nephew) who was the last true Disney family member to have anything to do with the company. That's just my opinion.
                Originally posted by EC82 View Post
                Yes, Sparkchaser, Roy O. Disney was head of feature animation and on the board of directors, but he didn't RUN the company. The last relative of any sort was, as others have indicated, Ron Miller, from 1980 to 1983.
                EC82, I think you're a little confused. The Roy that Sparkchaser was referring to is Roy E., Walt's nephew. Roy O. was Walt's brother (and Roy E's father).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X