This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Where the Wild Things Are" book

Do any of you chatters remember reading "Where the Wild Things Are?" when you were younger? Or am I the only one who read it? I think the book was good and remember enjoying it.

Re: "Where the Wild Things Are" book

It was the first book I bought when I found out I was pregnant with my oldest daughter.

My friend had all the stuffed dolls in college, plus a poster of the cover of the book on her bedroom wall. She LOVED that book so much! I thought for sure when she had kids they'd have a Wild Things bedroom, but they didn't. :lol:

Comment

That's a great book, my two younger girls love it, too. At the doctor's office, one of his 4 exam rooms is painted with images from this book and he has a copy in the office that we read everytime we are there. He's also got one in Green Eggs and Ham motif.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
      Mark Twain

Comment

Remember it? How can I forget it? That book is one of my favorites!!
        Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
        FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
        I bring the magic!!!
        "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
        Originally posted by Reverend DMother
        Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

I have Substitute taught off and on for some time. This book has always been a favorite among younger kids. It has an air of mystery and charm that goes over well in a way that most other books do not.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

One of my all time favorite kids books......
            procrastibating

Comment

I have all the action figures that McFarlane made a few years ago.
              -Tim

Comment

I can't forget the book, nor the Simpsons parody where Lisa dreams about them...

Comment

Never had it, but I have read it to children MANY times
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite kids books ever! I love the story, the pictures, everything about it.
                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I love it! Bratty kid gets sent to his room without supper, where he dreams of going far away, until his mother gives in and lets him eat supper.
                      Of course, I was a brat who grew up to be a pain in the ***.

Comment

A classic children's tale. I always liked it.
                        Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience. :geek:

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
                        Guest: "On stun?"
                        BF: "Maybe....."
                        Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

Comment

Fabulous book! Isn't there some park in San Francisco that has giant figures from the book? I thought I remembered something. On an intersection with A Street? Maybe faulty memory.
                          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

At the school I teach in, last year a student developed a group called Reading Fun Day, which one of my colleagues and I advised. The point of the club was to get younger kids excited about reading, and present positive role models to show that older kids do read. So what we did was develop a script and short play of "where the wild things are" and then performed it for all the second graders in the distict. Then, each second grader received his or her own copy of the book to keep, and we all read the book out loud together. It was a lot of fun, the kids had a blast, and we really helped generate an interest in reading.

This year's title: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs." I actually started calling for prices for 375 copies today.
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I am glad many remember it because I honestly thought at first that it had become a foirgotten tale among the generations. Glad to see it is still popular among todays children just like it was for us .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X