Clear All
  • ALIASd
    Top Shelf!
    MiceChat News Team
    • Jun 2005

Please pass on these CHiPs !!!

Dec. 08, 2005

Valderrama saddles up for 'CHiPs'

Wilmer Valderrama will star as motorcycle cop Ponch in Warner Bros. Pictures' big-screen version of "CHiPs." The studio has just acquired the rights for the TV series and has set Paul Kaplan and Mark Torgove to adapt. Erik Estrada famously originated the Ponch role in "CHiPs," which ran on NBC in the late 1970s and followed the adventures of California Highway Patrol motorcycle officers Francis "Ponch" Poncherello and Jon Baker. Larry Wilcox played Baker. The show had a serious macho tone, but over the years has achieved a cheesy, cult status. Sources say the project was built around the involvement of Valderrama, best known as Fez on "That '70s Show." (Borys Kit and Tatiana Siegel)
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006
  • Hector
    Why do you keep talking?
    • Feb 2005

Re: Please pass on these CHiPs !!!

HAHAH I loved the MadTV Parody of it, this should be intresting, but I wish remakes wouldn't happen as much as they do...
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Comment

• Crazy Legs
      All you need is LOVE
      • Feb 2005

Thanks
      :crazylegs

Comment

• Tom Chaney
        Godwin Glacier, Alaska
        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
        • Feb 2005

Bomb.:bang:
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

• ALIASd
          Top Shelf!
          MiceChat News Team
          • Jun 2005

Pass it on!
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• Barbossa
            Infinitized!
            • Jan 2005

Can't they just get Estrada? He could probably use the work...

Comment

• Xharryb
              Happy Memories
              • Jan 2005

If they insist on doing this, Wilmer is a decent choice for the role. But since it's being brought to us by the same people who ruined Starsky and Hazzard, I'll pass.

Comment

• aimster
                Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Heh! My uncle was cop in LA and in the 70's he pulled over Erik Estrada for speeding. He said Erik pulled the usual celeb, "Don't you know who I am?" He responded with, "You might be the cop on TV but I'm the cop in real life."

BWAHAHAHA!!!

The kicker was that my uncle was a motorcycle cop.

Oh yeah and in the 60's he pulled over Dean Martin for speeding too. My grandma was SO mad at him (she loved Dean Martin).

Comment

• JangoFett
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ALIASd
                  Dec. 08, 2005

Wilmer Valderrama will star as motorcycle cop Ponch in Warner Bros. Pictures' big-screen version of "CHiPs." The studio has just acquired the rights for the TV series and has set Paul Kaplan and Mark Torgove to adapt. Erik Estrada famously originated the Ponch role in "CHiPs," which ran on NBC in the late 1970s and followed the adventures of California Highway Patrol motorcycle officers Francis "Ponch" Poncherello and Jon Baker. Larry Wilcox played Baker. The show had a serious macho tone, but over the years has achieved a cheesy, cult status. Sources say the project was built around the involvement of Valderrama, best known as Fez on "That '70s Show." (Borys Kit and Tatiana Siegel)
                  :lmao::lmao: It'll either make big coin or be a total flop. My money is on flop.
                  You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

• jwbear
                    Bear Country Refugee
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by ALIASd
                    Dec. 08, 2005

Wilmer Valderrama will star as motorcycle cop Ponch in Warner Bros. Pictures' big-screen version of "CHiPs."
                    Condemed to a life of playing characters from the 70's. Bummer.
                    "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

Comment

• LuvsLilo
                      So fetch
                      • Sep 2005

Flop or not I will be seeing this movie. I love CHiPs. On my desk I have an autographed bobble head of Erik Estrada in his CHiPs uniform. I'm so excited!

Comment

• Alchimedes
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2005

Sounds like a flop! It will probably make it to Dvd also.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X