Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Jobs, Disney Board Member and Single Largest Individual Shareholder, Dies at 56

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Jobs, Disney Board Member and Single Largest Individual Shareholder, Dies at 56

Steve Jobs, Disney board member, former CEO of Pixar, Executive Producer of Toy Story, and the single largest individual shareholder of The Walt Disney Company with an ownership of 7% of the Company, has passed away according to Apple Inc. - the company Jobs helped found and recently resigned as CEO from.

Apple - Remembering Steve Jobs

This has obvious implications for TWDC as far as what will happen to his seat on the board and ownership of the company. I imagine we'll find out about that in the days and months ahead.

More importantly though, this is a truly sad occasion as the world lost a creative visionary today Of course, thoughts and prayers go out to friends and family of Steve.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

sigpic

Re: Steve Jobs, Disney Board Member and Single Largest Individual Shareholder, Dies a

It's hard to ignore the parallels with Walt here - a true creative visionary and futurist, whose impact on the world within and even beyond his field can hardly be overstated, taken too early by a devastating disease. The world will forever be robbed of what Steve could have done next.

Some reactions on twitter from within the Disney community:

Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich

Imagineer Alex Wright

Imagineer Jason Grandt (one, two, three)
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X