Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Meeting.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Annual Meeting.

    I finally recieved my Proxy Statement and Annual Report...

    For those who are interested but not shareholders, this year the Annual Meeting is in Anaheim at the Pond on March 10th at 10 am... (that is a Friday)

    You can gain access to the info on the Investor Relations part of the Disney website, linked below:

    Proxy Statement
    This is a PDF file so you will need a PDF viewer.

    Annual Report

    Disney Rewards Credit Card is throwing in a watch if you are a shareholder... (I don't know about that...)
    Check out my other blog:

  • #2
    Re: Annual Meeting.

    got mine online, it didn't say where the meeting was going to be held. glad it's in anaheim this year. hope mr iger doesn't have to deal with too many problems, so far I think things are moving along pretty well, at least the stock is up and analists have been saying good things about it for a change.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Annual Meeting.

      I wonder if it's going to be as bad as the last one that they had in Anaheim, where droves of Cast Members and disgruntled shareholders showed up and it wound up getting really ugly.
      Burnt Toast
      The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Annual Meeting.

        Originally posted by Burnt Toast
        I wonder if it's going to be as bad as the last one that they had in Anaheim, where droves of Cast Members and disgruntled shareholders showed up and it wound up getting really ugly.
        Let's see here... What are things for share holders to be disgruntled about...

        1. No deal with Pixar - assuming it will not be announced by then...
        2. No President has been named.
        3. Pressure the board on naming the chairman.
        4. The admited under performance of stock's value in relationship to it's peers.


        I think what we need to watch for is semi-disgruntled Cast Members showing up...
        Check out my other blog:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Annual Meeting.

          Yah... that's what made it fun the last time. I'm surprised that they decided to do it again in Anaheim this year, I mean... that last one was the reason why they started to have the annual meetings in off-the-wall places like Kentucky and stuff.

          I mean, I guess with the 50th it's only appropriate to have it in Anaheim... but still... one has to wonder if they are just trying to play with fire. 8
          Burnt Toast
          The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Annual Meeting.

            this is iger's first meeting as ceo. I think that's why they went back to california

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Annual Meeting.

              Originally posted by eeyore'snumber1fan
              this is iger's first meeting as ceo. I think that's why they went back to california
              Yeah, that is part of it...

              I think it was also it is also reaction against the critism in recent years of holding it in more remote locals durring the winter.... The move was seen as an effort to quash any anti-Eisner sentiment and insure that most detracting sharholders who where also CM's not be present.

              Roy wanted it to be moved closer to a Disney Property for this very reason...

              I am absolutely certain that Iger wants to open things up again, even if things may get a little hairy...
              Check out my other blog:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Annual Meeting.

                As long as the Gadfly is there, it will be entertaining!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Annual Meeting.

                  Originally posted by cellarhound
                  Yeah, that is part of it...

                  I think it was also it is also reaction against the critism in recent years of holding it in more remote locals durring the winter.... The move was seen as an effort to quash any anti-Eisner sentiment and insure that most detracting sharholders who where also CM's not be present.

                  Roy wanted it to be moved closer to a Disney Property for this very reason...

                  I am absolutely certain that Iger wants to open things up again, even if things may get a little hairy...
                  He's earned a bit of my respect with the meeting. It belongs in Anaheim or Orlando and should alternate like it did before Eisner decided to run and hide from his many, many critics.

                  Especially with a possible strike looming at DL five days later, you have to give Iger the credit for having the testicular fortitude to bring the meeting home instead of running to Denver or Kansas City or Ho Chi Mihn City so no one could publically question him.

                  That shows leadership.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Annual Meeting.

                    I am a shareholder but have never been to the annual meeting. Do you need to show proof you are a shareholder in order to get in? If so, what is that proof?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Annual Meeting.

                      Why don't they hold it at the Disneyland Hotel? Surely the Ballroom is large enougth for everybody.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Annual Meeting.

                        Originally posted by bmac4212
                        I am a shareholder but have never been to the annual meeting. Do you need to show proof you are a shareholder in order to get in? If so, what is that proof?
                        Yes, you do.

                        You will get an admission ticket, good for you and one guest with your annual report and voting proxy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Annual Meeting.

                          Originally posted by drnilescrane
                          Why don't they hold it at the Disneyland Hotel? Surely the Ballroom is large enougth for everybody.
                          Nope. It's not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Annual Meeting.

                            I'm guessing Arrowhead Pond. Check the Duck schedule (or the Pond schedule).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Annual Meeting.

                              I'm actually going to go this year! Does anyone have any suggestions on what time to arrive so I can be pretty sure I'll get a seat?
                              Check out my blog Faith and the Magic Kingdom! Finding and exploring illustrations, metaphors, examples and lessons for the Christian life found at the Magic Kingdom of Disneyland.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X