This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" all-new animated direct-to-DVD film

Danny Glover, Nick Cannon, Wayne Brady, D.L. Hughley and Wanda Sykes Star in a Dazzling New Retelling of Time Honored Classic Tales: 'The Adventures of Brer Rabbit'

All-New Animated Film Available on DVD in Time for Easter With Exclusive Bonus Features March 21, 2006 From Universal Studios Home Entertainment

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Jan. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit," an all-new full-length animated feature based on Dr. Julius Lester's prized adaptations of the classic tales, comes to DVD March 21, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Parents and children alike will delight in the rib-tickling adventures of the resourceful and mischievous Brer Rabbit as he gleefully outwits his animal friends with clever schemes that keep them guessing what he'll try next! Fun-filled bonus features, including games and activities, make "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" the perfect treat for any Easter basket and a lasting treasure for the whole family. With an irresistible soundtrack created especially for this film, "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" is a lively, heartwarming classic that will be watched over and over again.
    The all-star voice cast includes Danny Glover ("Antz," "The Color Purple") as Brer Turtle, Wayne Brady ("Roll Bounce," "The Wayne Brady Show") as Brer Wolf, D.L. Hughley ("Scary Movie 3," "The Hughleys") as Brer Fox, Wanda Sykes ("Monster-in-Law," "Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps") as Sister Moon, and Nick Cannon ("Drumline," "Love Don't Cost a Thing") as Brer Rabbit, the playful trickster at the center of all the action. Spirited and entertaining, "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" updates the richly imaginative oral tradition of African and African-American folk tales first put down in writing by Joel Chandler Harris more than 100 years ago and more recently recognized by acclaimed author Dr. Julius Lester. The DVD is priced at $22.98 SRP. Preorder close is February 14, 2006.

Bonus Features Full of Amusement
    "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" DVD features fun and playful games perfect for the entire family!
    * Outfox the Fox for Fish Game -- Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit are fishing for supper, and while Brer Fox has already caught 10 fish, Brer Rabbit has not caught a single one. Catching all that fish makes Brer Fox feel pretty smart, so he agrees to surrender one fish to Brer Rabbit for each of his puzzles that Brer Rabbit solves. If the user gets one wrong, Brer Fox eats a fish until they are all gone. Solve the puzzles and help Brer Rabbit win!
    * The Great Brer Game -- Brer Fox and Brer Wolf have teamed up and will stop at nothing to finally get their hands on Brer Rabbit. The chase is on, and you have to help Brer Rabbit get a head start, and keep his distance from Brer Fox and Brer Wolf by answering trivia questions. Let the games begin!
    Synopsis Get ready for all of the laughs, adventure and hip-hopping good times in this all-new imaginative and modern retelling of Uncle Remus' best-loved tales. Parents and kids alike will delight in the escapades of the most spirited and clever Brer Rabbit as he gleefully outwits Brer Fox, Brer Bear and a whole cast of other critters!
    CAST & FILMMAKERS
    Director: Byron Vaughns Screenwriter: John Loy Producer: Tad Stones Executive Producer: George Paige Storyboard Artists: Lenord Robinson, Barry Caldwell, Dan Fausett, Garrett Ho, Tad Stones, Dick Sebast, Holly Forsyth, John Howley, Ralph Zondag Editor: Kirk Demorest Original Music: Stephen James Taylor Original Songs: Michele Brourman, Monty Seward, Kimaya Seward Cast: Danny Glover, Wayne Brady, D.L. Hughley, Wanda Sykes and Nick Cannon
    TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    DVD Street Date: March 21, 2006 Pre-Order Close: February 14, 2006 Copyright: 2006 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
    Price: $22.98 SRP Selection Number: 25760
    Running Time: 1 Hour 12 Minutes Layers: Dual (Single Layers) Aspect Ratio: Full Frame (1.33:1) Rating: G Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1; English SDH
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: "The Adventures of Brer Rabbit" all-new animated direct-to-DVD film

Interesting...which brings back the question: When will Disney release Song of the South on DVD?

Comment

Comment

Is this their way of utilizing the characters without having to release the film we all really want?

Comment

I had to read it twice. I thought this was a Disney release. It's Universal.

Comment

Yes it is.
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Oh wow... well that makes the story a bit more interesting now doesn't it...

Comment

Anybody familiar with Dr. Julius Lester's adaptation? I haven't even heard of it...

Did they dumb it down? PC them? Or take them out of their 19th century context (as it sounds like this movie will do)?
                -Tim

Comment

If Disney is going to release Song of The South it should be this year. This marks the film's 60th anniversary. And if they do release it I am sure it will be under the Disney Classics Collection banner. If you have seen any of those they have commentary on what was no PC in those cartoons (with the shorts uncut). So why not for SOTS?
                  Originally posted by aashee
                  We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                    Anybody familiar with Dr. Julius Lester's adaptation? I haven't even heard of it...

Did they dumb it down? PC them? Or take them out of their 19th century context (as it sounds like this movie will do)?
                    I'm not familiar with that adaption, but I am almost positive that this new film will be put into current society context. SOTS did that, and I don't really see why this new film would be any different. Interesting development though, real slap at Disney... inch:

Originally posted by BDBopper
                    If Disney is going to release Song of The South it should be this year. This marks the film's 60th anniversary. And if they do release it I am sure it will be under the Disney Classics Collection banner. If you have seen any of those they have commentary on what was no PC in those cartoons (with the shorts uncut). So why not for SOTS?
                    I agree, the time is perfect for Disney to release the film. The Walt Disney Treasures collection is full of "non-PC" cartoons, but by putting them in historical context and showing what the world was like at that time, many Disney fans have been able to accept the cartoons for what they really are... Historical. The same should be done for SOTS and it's clear that the there is a market for the classic film. Special care should be taken, but I have faith in the Disney company, especially in light of the WWII shorts that were released in the Walt Disney Treasures Collection.

Comment

People just need to get over it and release the friggin' movie.

Comment

And so the threads of movement begin... :evil:
                        Buy Genius eau de toilette: Made with 1% Inspiration

Happiness is returning after a much regretted hiatus!!!

BOO!

Comment

It would be nice if Disney released 'Song of the South', luckily I was able to get a copy of it so I can actually watch it. I will have to get the new movie on Netflix to check it out. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X