X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aardman feeling "Flushed Away" - USA Today 1/31/06

Studio jiggles the clay format
    By Susan Wloszczyna, USA TODAY

Fans of Aardman, home of Wallace and Gromit, might want to fortify themselves with a bit of cheese before swallowing this news.

Pet rat Roddy (right, voiced by Hugh Jackman) tries
    to get rid of pesky sewer rat Syd (Shane Richie) by luring him into the "whirlpool." DreamWorks Animation

Digits are out. Digital is in.
    The very hands-on British animation studio behind such stop-motion films as 2000's Chicken Run and last year's The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is relying on computers to bring to life its fall comedy, Flushed Away.
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...hed-away_x.htm
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Aardman feeling "Flushed Away" - USA Today 1/31/06

As sorry as I am to read this I can understand the decision. I really feel that most people can't appreciate or don't even care about the enormous amount of time and care it takes to produce stop motion animation.

"Curse of the WereRabbit" was in production for 5 years and I believe it took 18 months to film.
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Although, what I've seen of this, it seems really good....

I don't think it's a permanent decision. I'm sure they'll continue doing stop motion for years.

This one possibly needed the CGI element for such a big picture, though...

We'll see.
      -Tim

Comment

Flushed Away Video Games Coming
        Source: D3Publisher of America, Inc.
        January 31, 2006

D3Publisher of America, Inc. (D3PA), a publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software, today announced a worldwide publishing agreement with DreamWorks Animation SKG for video games based on the forthcoming computer animated feature film Flushed Away

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=12984

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X