This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An MC Jim Croce Fan Club?

I'm a big fan of Jim Croce, one of the great talents of the "singer-songwriter" era. If you're younger than 45 or so, you might want to just consider this man's talent, and what greater impact he might have had, if his life handn't ended at age 30 in a 1973 plane crash.
    If anyone else is interested, I'd like to start an MC club in his honor...or maybe make it a singer-songwriters fan club to include the likes of James Taylor, Carly Simon, Carole King, etc...
    As for Croce, I'm an odd duck (no surprise there, huh) that prefers his ballads ( like "Operator" and "Time In A Bottle") over his more popular songs like "Leroy Brown".
    In any event, younger MiceChatters, before casting this aside as a "ancient" thread, just listen to his music and let us know what you think.
    And his legacy is being carried on by his son A.J., and his wife Ingrid...who, I believe, owns and operates Croce's Restaurant in San Diego.
    "Thank you, for your time...oh you've been so much more than kind...you can keep the dime"...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: An MC Jim Croce Fan Club?

We have a bunch of his albums.... might probably should listen to them eventually.

Once we can get the sound coming from the turntables again of course.
    -Tim

Comment

He was an amazing singer-songwriter and he would have been a great talk show host. I know some have speculated that if he had not died in that tragic plane crash, he could have become as famous for his television work as his music.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
        We have a bunch of his albums.... might probably should listen to them eventually.

Once we can get the sound coming from the turntables again of course.
        Of course, virtually all of his work is available on CD and I-tunes and such these days...if you can't get those old turntables working again :lol:

http://www.jimcroce.com/

- Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Damn it, now I have "Time in a Bottle" stuck in my head!!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
          Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
            Of course, virtually all of his work is available on CD and I-tunes and such these days...if you can't get those old turntables working again :lol:

http://www.jimcroce.com/

- Barry
            Pssh... they're rather new! With diamond-tipped needles, too!

It's the receiver that's a bit of a problem... somebody spilled coke all over it and now THAT won't even turn on!

Those turntables are just fine.
            -Tim

Comment

AJ is very talented as well, i have a few of his albums and went to school with him in 8th grade - had a huge crush on him too.
              {:
              MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

So what do you say about creating a fan club for Jim and other singer songwriters? I'm not sure how create an MC club like that, but I hope that there are others who share a love for Jim's music like I do...and that there are younger MCers that would like to be exposed to it...

Comment

I'm not so "young" (unless you consider my mental age) but I'm in. I grew up singing his music on the radio. I can still remember crying when he died. I've often wondered where he would have ended up if not for that plane crash.
                  A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
                  In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

As I recall, the liner notes on his greatest hits album (released after his untimely death) were very insightful. And, if memory serves, the album artowrk featured a picture of his young son holding his father's hat.
                    ------------------
                    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
                    http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X