• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixar, Disney integration "terrific": Disney exec - Reuters.com - 4/11/06

Pixar, Disney integration "terrific": Disney exec
    Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:41 AM ET
    By Gina Keating

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The integration of Pixar Animation Studios Inc (PIXR.O: Quote, Profile, Research) into Walt Disney Co. (DIS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) "is happening better than we had ever dreamed it would," Disney Studios Chairman Dick Cook said.

Disney, which is in the process of acquiring Pixar in an all-stock deal worth $7.4 billion when it was announced in January, plans to make two animated films per year after the merger is completed late this month or in May, Cook told an A.G. Edwards conference on Tuesday.

"That's where we would like to be," Cook said. "Some years we won't make that (number); some years we'll probably have one; some years we may have three; but we will hopefully ... have two new original (films) -- one coming from Pixar and one coming from Feature Animation."
    Full Story at http://today.reuters.com/business/ne...EY-IGER-DC.XML
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Pixar, Disney integration "terrific": Disney exec - Reuters.com - 4/11/06

Oh no..... I have been all for this merger, I just sincerely hope they don't oversaturate the market.
    Currently Reading:

Entertainment/Media theorist Neal Gabler's "WALT DISNEY: The Triumph of the American Imagination"

sigpic

Comment

Two should be plenty: one traditional, one CG. That's what they were doing before the merger.
      Still, "story" is the main component. There have to be enough of them around to generate films.

Comment

Yeah, two would be just fine. You have one tentpole release for the summer, and one for the holiday season. I don't think that's oversaturating the market.
        "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
        --John Lasseter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X