• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton John brings cartoon to Miramax - - 4/15/06

Elton John brings cartoon to Miramax
    Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:47 AM BST

By Sheigh Crabtree

Full story at

Los Angeles (Hollywood Reporter) - Weeks after Disney's new animation chiefs scrapped Elton John's musical "Gnomeo & Juliet," the pop star has taken his project to Miramax Films.

"I am very excited about working with Miramax," John said in a statement. "Gnomeo' is a edgy concept, and Miramax is the perfect home to push the envelope in animation."

THe animated twist on Shakespeare's tragic romance is set in the world of tacky garden gnomes. It will be produced in Britain, with lyricist Tim Rice still on board to collaborate with John on the songs, and Kate Winslet attached to voice Juliet. Rice and John won an Oscar in 1995 for their work on the 'Lion King' song "Can You Feel The Love Tonight."
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Elton John brings cartoon to Miramax - - 4/15/06

Check out my other blog:

Re: Elton John brings cartoon to Miramax - - 4/15/06

Originally posted by cellarhound
      My thoughts exactly. What an incredibly dumb idea.

I had hoped that nasty queen Elton would leave us all alone now that he got married.

Elton John, please crawl into a hole somewhere and stop torturing the world with your soul-less comments and craptastic music, thanks!!!
      I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.