This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney pushes 'Apocalypto' to 12/8 - Variety 4/16/06

Disney has decided to move Mel Gibson's Apocalypto from its original August 4th release date to December 8th.

Variety reports the switch in dates may be due to production delays, but the pushback gives it a somewhat thinner playing field, as this year's holiday season is currently lighter than last year's, while August is crowded.

August 4th is slated for the Will Ferrell comedy Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby and the animated film The Ant Bully. Now, on December 8th, Apocalypto will take on the Nancy Meyers comedy Holiday and the football drama We Are Marshall.

In its replacement, Disney has moved up the dancing film Step Up and their own football drama Invincible to August.
    http://www.variety.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Disney pushes 'Apocalypto' to 12/8 - Variety 4/16/06

I am watching the sweat bead on the brows of Disney execs as the production of this film (which may be miss marketed) continues down the road... I think they may have their hands full with POTC and Cars...
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X