This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC Fair Entertainment Lineup Announced

Just thought I'd give SoCal area MiceChatters a heads up that the entertainment lineup has been announced for this year's Ventura County Fair, August 2-13 at Seaside Park in Ventura. Among the headliners...Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Wynonna, Bobby Vinton, Foreigner and a tribute band called Credence Clearwater Revisited...

The VC fair is always a popular summer getaway for the LA area types, situated overlooking the ocean...my wife Kathleen has won several ribbons in the Home Arts section for her cross-stitching...don't think she'll be entering anything this year, though...

Just a heads up...you'll almost assuredly be seeing me in the crowd for the BBVD show...and I want to see Wynonna too (love those "Girls With Guitars" and I was a Judds fan too)...the Charlie Daniels Band is there also...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: VC Fair Entertainment Lineup Announced

I knew about CCR and Foreigner, but the Charlie Daniels Band??? Very cool!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

It does look like a good line-up this year.

FYI, CC Revisited is hardly a tribute band. It features two of the original members of CCR: Doug Clifford and Stu Cook. I know there are a lot of purists out there that claim CCR isn't a real band unless The Fogertys are in it, but even without John's lead vocals (the current lead is a dead ringer), they're still quite good and worth seeing...

Originally posted by Radiobarry
      and a tribute band called Credence Clearwater Revisited...

Comment

We have lived in VC for 3 years and have yet to go to the fair.

Maybe we will this year.

Comment

You should go! It's a fun time. The Ventura County and San Diego County fairs are some of the best in California, in my opinion.

Comment

Wynonna puts on a great concert. I would like to see how she's looking since she lost some of her weight.

Comment

Bobby Vinton?

OMG my mom LOVED him back in the day. She had almost all his records.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                We have lived in VC for 3 years and have yet to go to the fair.

Maybe we will this year.
                It's a fun day...and there are worse places to be than Seaside Park on a hot August day. To anyone that's never been - dress in layers...it can be very cool there, especially at night... the concerts are outdoors in the Grandstand arena. They put on a decent fireworks show each night, too...it's no "Fantasy In The Sky" or "Remember" but still...

And if you're coming from Camarillo or further east/south, especially on the weekends...I believe Metrolink is running special trains...the Ventura Amtrak stop is right there...and parking is a huge hassle.

--Barry
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X