This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Long Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

As of Thursday, 6/22/06, The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim will be no longer. They are now going to be known as simply the Anaheim Ducks.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1187864.php

Originally posted by O.C. Register
    "Anaheim" is required to be the only geographic reference on either the city-owned building or on at least one team playing there, under an agreement approved Tuesday by the City Council. The vote was 5-0 without discussion.
    Starting Thursday, the hockey team will officially become the Anaheim Ducks. That means the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim is free to remove the city from the arena name.
    Anaheim Arena Management, the Pond's management company, can't remove "Anaheim" from both.
    And with this change goes our unique distinction in all professional sports (U.S. based) where the team name came before the city.

Re: So Long Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

Wow thanks for the info
    :crazylegs

Comment

Probably a good call.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

That's interesting....

Why not get rid of Ducks as well and find something more danerous...

Like the Fighting Sea Slugs of Anaheim...

(Picture of a determined Sea Slug with a toothless snarl, hockey helmut as a shell and holding a hockey stick...)

Their playoff's could be called "Slime Time" where they throw lime Jello on the ice...
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Yep, they're changing the logo too. It was leaked on a hockey forum I go to.

Comment

Really? Wow. And not the Los Angeles Ducks of Anaheim?

Comment

Has anybody told Emilio Estevez?
              Tref ...

Comment

With all due respect, this isn't exactly news. It was made public not long after Disney sold the team to Henry Samuelli that this would take place after the end of the season. It's just been made official now.

I'm not sure "Anaheim Ducks" isn't less silly than Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, but at least they're not named after a movie any more.

And as absurd as "Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim" might be (and let's not start that up again), we found out some of the other names Eisner had thought up, like...the Devilish Angels of Anaheim, and the Avenging Angels of Anaheim...I'm thankful Disney didn't change the team's name when they came up with the cheerleaeders, marimba band and the ugly periwinkle blue uniforms...

--Barry
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Say Goodbye to The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are gone. Say hello the Anaheim Ducks with a new logo and colors.

Comment

New Jerseys officially released:

Comment

the sweaters would look so much better if they just used the webfoot "D" as an emblem rather than the entire wordmark. "sweater" being the jersey. I do like the webfoot "D", but hate the look of the sweater.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by Anders
                        the sweaters would look so much better if they just used the webfoot "D" as an emblem rather than the entire wordmark. "sweater" being the jersey. I do like the webfoot "D", but hate the look of the sweater.
                        I agree, but it's still a definite improvement from what they had before.

Comment

^ true

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Re: Say Goodbye to The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim

Originally posted by MickeyMoose
                            The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are gone. Say hello the Anaheim Ducks with a new logo and colors.
                            Thats the corporate world for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by splashmountainfreak
                              Yep, they're changing the logo too. It was leaked on a hockey forum I go to.
                              The duck in the artwork only has a right wing so it's a very appropriate logo for Orange County.

The text logo is quite ugly. I keep seeing a number 3 in the far left side of the word Ducks. And the whole name "Amaheim Ducks" is dangerously close to some not-so-creative taunting. They should have just dropped the Mighty and left it at that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X