X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamers find choices when it comes to 'Pirates' - Sacramento Bee, 7/11/06

Gamers find choices when it comes to 'Pirates'

Reviews of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow."

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." Platforms: DS, PSP. Genre: Action/Adventure. Publisher: Buena Vista Games. ESRB Rating: T for Teen. Grade: 3 stars out of 5
    "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow." Platforms: PlayStation 2, PC. Genre: Action/Adventure. Publisher: Bethesda Softworks. ESRB Rating: T for Teen. Grade: 3 stars out of 5
    Full Story: Gamers find choices when it comes to 'Pirates'
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Gamers find choices when it comes to 'Pirates' - Sacramento Bee, 7/11/06

User reviews at 1Up.com have been giving the game around 8.5 out of 10, which sounds a lot more impressive than 3 out of 5. The game's not too expensive, so I'm thinking of getting at least the PSP version.

Is the Legend of Jack Sparrow a prequel game?
    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
      User reviews at 1Up.com have been giving the game around 8.5 out of 10, which sounds a lot more impressive than 3 out of 5. The game's not too expensive, so I'm thinking of getting at least the PSP version.

Is the Legend of Jack Sparrow a prequel game?
      The Legend of Jack Sparrow takes place between the first movie and the second. But, as usual with Disney games... it sucks.

It's essentially a poor man's God of War. Sloppy controls, glitches, hit detection... it's a mess. There are times when you'll get stuck in a wall, or in a box. The A.I. is pretty bad too. Rental at best.

Comment

Yeah... looked it up. Users are giving the PSP and DS DMC-based games the better reviews than the 5-6 that LoJS gets.

Looks like it's great voice acting, great story premise, but the game as a whole is horrid.
        -Tim

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X