Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, should I apply for a job at the Disney Store?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, should I apply for a job at the Disney Store?

Saturday, I went shopping for a new camera. I purchased my last one at Target. I got on the bus, and I went up to the shopping center at Harlem Avenue, and Irving Park Avenue in Chicago, right next to Norridge. I haven't been up there in a while, so I was surprised when I noticed that a new "Disney Store" will be going in that Mall.

I have been thinking about looking for a job. I haven't worked in 40 years. I have been very fortunate, that my livelihood has not depended on me working. My husband has always made enough money to make our lives comfortable. My boys are 39, and 35, and my grandson is now 13. I don't need to work, but I want to.

So should I put in an application at a Disney Store? What do you think?
    Has anyone ever worked in a Disney Store?

I am just thinking out loud here folks.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: So, should I apply for a job at the Disney Store?

Go for it. Some nice discounts on Disney stuff, if you are into that stuff.
    Originally posted by lazyboy97O
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Originally posted by steamboatpete
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

I say go for it why not try it out
      :crazylegs

Comment

Ive worked at a Disney store ans had a lot of fun, just the other day they asked me to come back for casual work. I say go for it.
        "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.:yea:

Comment

BarbaraAnn, I think you should apply! With your love of Disney, and your wanting to enter the work force, go right ahead. I'm sure you'd be a welcome asset to the store.

You never know until you try.

Comment

With your Disney knowledge you would be an amazing asset for the store. I think it could be a very fun place to work. I will warn you, retail work can be very taxin and as the holidays approach you'll see many folks not on their best behaviour.
            I never think it hurts to try.

Comment

Go for it! You seem very nice and friendly just from reading your posts on here. I think you'd be great. Just don't forget all the small things about retail, like cleaning up after people and dealing with rude customers. But I work in a great store and those things are just small and don't ruin the whole atmosphere when you're happy where you work. Take a leap. Good luck!

Comment

Do it! I think youd make a great Disney Store employee. The store near me is great. Plus if you dont need to work and its all extra cash, you can buy more disney stuff with a discount.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

Comment

I say go for it:
                  1. It will keep you busy
                  2. You will get discounts on disney merchadise
                  3. With the extra money you can put it in a fund for Disneyland, Walt Disneyworld, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Paris Disneyland, Disney Cruise, or whatever strikes your fancy

Comment

I've always been as impressed (or more!) with the Disney Store cast members, as I've been with the ones in the parks. I say Go for it!
                    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

I applied a few years ago, but I didn't get the job.

The girl that was interviewing with me did.
                      -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann
                        Saturday, I went shopping for a new camera. I purchased my last one at Target. I got on the bus, and I went up to the shopping center at Harlem Avenue, and Irving Park Avenue in Chicago, right next to Norridge. I haven't been up there in a while, so I was surprised when I noticed that a new "Disney Store" will be going in that Mall.

I have been thinking about looking for a job. I haven't worked in 40 years. I have been very fortunate, that my livelihood has not depended on me working. My husband has always made enough money to make our lives comfortable. My boys are 39, and 35, and my grandson is now 13. I don't need to work, but I want to.

So should I put in an application at a Disney Store? What do you think?
                        Has anyone ever worked in a Disney Store?

I am just thinking out loud here folks.
                        go for it girl~! extra money to take trips on, and discounts. and you can save all your earnings and have a ball at the end of the year. I say go for it, it will do you good to work again

Comment

Since I was younger I've always wondered what it would be like to work there. I say go for it. If it's not your cup of tea, later you can always leave. Then I can ask you what it's like WHEN you get the job.

Comment

I tried getting a job at a Disney Store when I was in college. I got called for an interview and seemed to be the most knowledgable about anything Disney between myself and the other 2 people who were interviewed. Then a week later I got a postcard saying there weren't any positions available. WTF? Why did they interview then if they couldn't hire anyone?

:: BOGGLE ::

Comment

I say go for it! I love working there. I've met some of my best friends working there and even if it's not quite the magic of the parks, it's still a little piece of Disney that you can be part of

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X