No announcement yet.

Annie nominations released

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie nominations released

The 34th annual Annie Awards (animations version to the Oscars) have just released the nominations for this years best animated shorts and films. The nominations are as follows:

Best Animated Feature Best Home Entertainment Production Best Animated Short SubjectBest Animated Television CommercialBest Animated Television ProductionBest Animated Video GameINDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT CATEGORIES
    Animated EffectsCharacter Animation in a Feature ProductionCharacter Animation in a Television ProductionCharacter Design in an Animated Feature ProductionCharacter Design in an Animated Television ProductionDirecting in an Animated Feature ProductionDirecting in an Animated Television ProductionMusic in an Animated Feature ProductionMusic in an Animated Television ProductionProduction Design in an Animated Feature Production Production Design in an Animated Television ProductionStoryboarding in an Animated Feature ProductionStoryboarding in an Animated Television Production Voice Acting in an Animated Feature ProductionVoice Acting in an Animated Television ProductionWriting in an Animated Feature Production Writing in an Animated Television ProductionJURIED AWARDS
    June Foray Award - Significant and benevolent or charitable impact on the art and industry of animation.
    • Stephen Worth
    Winsor McCay Award - Recognition of lifetime or career contributions to the art of animation.
    • Bill Plympton
    • Genndy Tartakovski
    • Andreas Deja
    Ub Iwerks Award
    • None
    Special Achievement
    • None
    Certificate of Merit
    • Bill Matthews
    • Michael Fallik
    • Marc Deckter
    • Eric Graf
    The awards can be viewed at
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Annie nominations released

YAY! So glad to see "Open Season" getting a number of nominations.
    This was one of my 2 favorite animated movies this year (along with Cars). I really think it was the most underated animated film of the year.

And nice to see Eartha and Patrick receiving nominations for their
    voice work on Yzma and Kronk! Even though the tv series is an abismal
    failure, compared to the movie, I still love both their characters.

Why on earth was Wanda Sykes nominated ? Yech ~ she is one of the
    reasons I didn't like Over the Hedge. Just Plain Awful. And let me add
    Monster House was WAY overated. That movie was just plain BAD.

As for the tv animation awards ~ ewww, just not a lot of great animated tv work this past year. Remember when Disney afternoon was running the same time WB had Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Pinky and the Brain ~ ahhhh the good ol' days
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.