Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lohan- Been in AA for a Year- Been Sober a week!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lohan- Been in AA for a Year- Been Sober a week!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan says she's been going to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for a year, but hasn't talked about it because "it's no one's business."
    "I just left an AA meeting," the 20-year-old actress tells People magazine in a story posted Tuesday on its Web site.
    "I haven't had a drink in seven days. Or anything," she says. "I'm not even legal to, so why would I? I don't drink when I go to clubs. I drink with my friends at home, but there's no need to. I feel better not drinking. It's more fun. I have Red Bull."
    Wonder what she will do for her 21st Birthday.....geeeez...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Re: Lohan- Been in AA for a Year- Been Sober a week!

Red Bull? Ew....
    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
      Red Bull? Ew....
      Yeah, that's worse than a beer for someone her size!
      -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
      Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
      .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

Really Miss Lohan? Didn't you drink and some ganja at DisneyLand, the happiest place on Earth, you whore! ><
        Each emotion is a different flavor. What flavor do you like?

Comment

Ah ... no love for Ms. Lohan here ... and I have to add myself to that group.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
            Red Bull? Ew....

Having trouble with your camera and photos? Want to add something special? Check out the Camera Technique of the Day -- An MC Gold exclusive!
            Ok, I just shell out my 12 ducats for the gold membership. And it won't let me get at that thread. D'oh! How do I do it. I LOVE learning new camera techniques.
            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

The negativity on this board sometimes amazes me. Shouldn't we support someone who has realized they have a problem with alcohol and is taking steps to turn that around ?
              Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
              http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyFvr View Post
                The negativity on this board sometimes amazes me. Shouldn't we support someone who has realized they have a problem with alcohol and is taking steps to turn that around ?
                In theory, we should. But it can be hard to resist snipping at someone who has gone to such great lengths to publicly expose her bad decisions, bad behavior and quiestionable character, since our own flaws compare quite favorably. To err is human, to forgive, devine. We just aren't devine enough to forgive. We're too human to do the right thing. So we err. And air the dirty laundry.
                Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Except that she isn't, she seems to be doing this just for publicity. If you are out drinking every seven days, you aren't really taking the necessary steps. Being sober a week is a great start, but really, nothing you should be boasting to the MEDIA. Plus talking to the media about being in AA is against AA principles which she should know if she's been paying attention in meetings. I'll support her if she gets serious.
                  I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                  sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

What part of Been in AA for a YEAR, but have gone a whole WEEK without a drink (and proud of it, at age 20) are you missing here?

If she IS Serious, of course we wish her well. She will have to be Sober more than one week though.
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Poor Lindsay. She's a bad liar and clearly doesn't know the definition of anonymous.

Comment

I don't think there are ANY young female actresses that receive positive remarks from the bulk of this board.

I can only imagine that if Johnny Depp (who has quite a long arrest record and history of substance abuse) had made similar statements he would receive more sympathy than a child with leprosy.
                        sigpic
                        Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
                          I can only imagine that if Johnny Depp (who has quite a long arrest record and history of substance abuse) had made similar statements he would receive more sympathy than a child with leprosy.
                          Ah, but Johnny Depp doesn't run around flaunting his "wild side" in front of a camera on a regular basis like Lindsay Lohan does.

Besides, his arrests, as far as I know, come from more than 10 or 15 years ago.

When Lindsay Lohan has 10 or more years of arrest, drug, alcohol and scandal free life behind her, she'll get the same support that Depp does.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                          Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                          Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

10 or more years?

Johnny Depp:

Arrest: 1999
                            He was arrested in 1999 for getting into a fight with paparazzi outside a restaurant while dining in London with his girlfriend, Vanessa Paradis.
                            Drugs: 2001
                            So does Depp still toke? "Look, I have nothing to hide," said Depp In a June 2001 interview with Film Review Magazine. "I'm not a great pothead or anything like that… but weed is much, much less dangerous than alcohol."
                            Alcohol: 2006
                            BLOOM AND DEPP DRUNK FOR PRIME MINISTER MEETING

ORLANDO BLOOM fears he and his PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN co-star JOHNNY DEPP won't be warmly welcomed back to St Vincent after a drunken meeting with the island's Prime Minister. The two pals had no idea RALPH GONSALVES would actually be meeting them at the airport when they landed in Depp's private jet and decided to toast their friendship with a red wine session during the flight. Bloom recalls, "We just got loaded on the plane. I mean we were wasted drunk. He (Depp) loves really good red wine. "We get off the plane and they rolled out the red carpet and the Prime Minister of St Vincent was there to meet us. "Johnny stumbles over to him and hugs him... and almost sticks his tongue down his throat, I'm, like, falling around picking up things... Nobody told us. It was just one of those moments."

Scandal? It's in the eye of the beholder I guess.

I stand by my original point which was that if Depp was in the same situation and had done all of the same things Lohan has done and been accused of I think he would be treated much different by many of the posters here.

If you want to hate her, that's fine. I just thought this was worth pointing out.
                            sigpic
                            Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

I had no idea he had been arrested more recently than the mid-nineties. Interesting.

I see your point, but I really feel that the lifestyle Lohan leads/used to lead is vastly different, and more "in your face" than Depp. I think that's why many are quicker to vilify her and her friends than they would be other celebrities.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X