This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Archives

OMG! I wil be in LA in August and a friend of mine (a former CM and friend of Dave Smith) has arranged for us to get a private tour of the Disney Studio Archives! I am SO excited!

Does anyone know what I can expect to see? Will I be permitted to take photos? Anyone been?

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

I have never been but I have to say what an opportunity for you!. Very jeleaus (sp?)...
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I think it will be the usual early Disneyland and Epcot City plans, and photos of the studios etc. You may see props from Imagineering and Disney movies, or photos of the building of Disneyland?
      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Small library type space, lots of bound volumes and some museum like displays usually relating to whatever is the big promotion. Most of the stuff is stored offsite and the WDI art is stored at Imagineering. They always have some Disney animation stuff and likely Disneyland. Saw the Poppin's snowglobe in there once. They may still have some Walt stuff like his reading glasses and marked up scripts. Got to visit there a long time ago and know the displays change. You'll enjoy it.
        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

OMG, I'm SO jealous!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I'm sorry Morrigoon!

I'll report on whatever I get to see.

Thanks Orville!
            You are the Carousel of Avatars!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
            Trips to DL= 001

Comment

Agree totally with Cousin Orville's description. It's not a large space at all and much like a mini-museum The several times I was there glass topped display cases ring the perimeter and contain all sorts of items...old toys, comic books, cells with backgrounds, etc.

Dave is a very gracious host and you are going to thoroughly enjoy it.
              "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
                Agree totally with Cousin Orville's description. It's not a large space at all and much like a mini-museum The several times I was there glass topped display cases ring the perimeter and contain all sorts of items...old toys, comic books, cells with backgrounds, etc.

Dave is a very gracious host and you are going to thoroughly enjoy it.
                Exactly. Enjoy your time in there and take your time. It's small and most of what is there are books but as a Disney fan there's enough to take in. In July there was the original number 2 car from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the bear cub from Bear Country Jamboree, the Marry Poppins outfit, umbrella, blocks that spell her name and snow globe, along with some of Mickey's birthday paintings. I enjoyed my time and I can't wait to hear what you get to see!

Comment

Thanks, BPF...and YES, do take notes and let us know what is on display when you visit.
                  "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

The Disney Arcives from what I've seen is a glorified room in the Frank Wells building. Nothing more than a couple of displayes and bound books. What you want is the ARL over in the Animation building, it's a complete library from Plane Crazy to Home on the Range where they keep EVERYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane
                      The Disney Arcives from what I've seen is a glorified room in the Frank Wells building. Nothing more than a couple of displayes and bound books. What you want is the ARL over in the Animation building, it's a complete library from Plane Crazy to Home on the Range where they keep EVERYTHING!
                      Okay, I know I'm thick, but what does the acronym ARL stand for? Once I know, I will see what I can do!

I do know, for some reason, I'd love to see the old multiplane camera.

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
                      Trips to DL= 001

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake
                        Okay, I know I'm thick, but what does the acronym ARL stand for? Once I know, I will see what I can do!

I do know, for some reason, I'd love to see the old multiplane camera.

Snow
                        Sorry, about that... It's me acroniming again. It's the Animation Research Library. (Lately being used to get the models out for sequels and the next cheap Mickey flick).

I also forgot about the multi-plane camera, that is definatly worth seeing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X