No announcement yet.

Christian group abandons Disney boycott - Discussion

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian group abandons Disney boycott - Discussion

Christian group abandons Disney boycott. See the news article on it here.

What are your thoughts on the end of the boycott? How do you think this will impact the future of The Walt Disney Company?
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 05-25-2005, 02:44 AM.

Controversy and boycotts have always been free publicity. Oh well....they'll be back. Groups like that always find something that upsets them.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

your avatar is blasphemy, I'm boycotting you
      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

You mean that "boycott" was still going on??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw, dang... now we'll see those ignorant, unpleasant, and irrational people infesting the park again
          "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
          "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
          "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
          Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

I don't think the boycott affected Disney at all, so I doubt that lifting the boycott will do anything either.
            "George Bush... is only for now."
            Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

From the article: "Eisner has been the main part of the problem -- he would not even sit down with us," Wildmon said. "They got involved with Miramax which was making a lot of trash films."

Okay...gotta give Eisner kudos for this one. See? He isn't all that bad

Did anyone really care to begin with?

No one cared except some narrow-minded hatefilled people that used their religious beliefs as blanket protection to hate others. Obviously, 99% of the people couldn't have cared less. Maybe the group wants discounts on magical gatherings?

The boycotts were always hipocritical anyways. Glad to see them gone.
                    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!
                    :love: :lol:

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.