Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' Aces One Huge Crappy Movie- Look out Ishtar!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin' Aces One Huge Crappy Movie- Look out Ishtar!!

Wow, I saw this film last night, and the suckiness is still hard to shake.

It is so bad, the only positive thing I can say is that it ended, and they showed credits, so they did something right.

Really, it sucks like a new Dyson. Poor acting, NO writing, plot? Who needs a stinkin plot?

It is so bad, I would like to recommend that you light your nine dollars on fire, you will get more enjoyment out of that, than seeing this film.

It was kind of like a stupid person's version of Reservoir Dogs meets True Romance meets The Usual Suspects. Except that it sucks.

Anyway, for the love of God, skip this movie. I can never have those two hours of my life back. Do not let this happen to you.

Re: Smokin' Aces One Huge Crappy Movie- Look out Ishtar!!

Man, I'm sad to hear that. I thought it looked good despite the fact that Ben Affleck is in it.

Comment

Tell us how you REALLY feel
      See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

i agree. i was pretty disappointed. it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that good. i know that i'll never watch it again. shoulda waited for dvd.
        I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
          Tell us how you REALLY feel

Hey, I'm just a guy trying to save your life. Don't believe me, then go see it.

Comment

I didn't pay to see it, and I feel ripped off.
            See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Originally posted by kylelicious View Post
              i agree. i was pretty disappointed. it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that good. i know that i'll never watch it again. shoulda waited for dvd.

I thought for sure with Piven in the lead role, they would have some good lines for him, but nope. It just sucked so bad.

I think what also hurt this film, is how good The Departed was. I tried not to, but I couldn't help but make comparisons, which is like comparing a Ferrari to a Pinto with extra large gas tank.

Comment

I saw the previews and knew it would be bad! Glad to see that my feelings were right. Oh ... and add "Black Christmas" to the HUGE list of crappy movies.

Comment

It was the kind of movie that was so bad, I really wanted to go up to the people who were laughing, and ask them a bunch of questions. Maybe it is the therapist in me, that is curious, but WTF are people thinking? There are a few parts where you can chuckle, but otherwise it's just like watching old people eat. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you like violence, you will like this movie. I am no wilting flower, and I can hang with the best of them, but this violence didn't make sense or add to the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch74 View Post
                    I saw the previews and knew it would be bad! Glad to see that my feelings were right. Oh ... and add "Black Christmas" to the HUGE list of crappy movies.

I wish I had your fourethought! Another painful issue, is that my GF isn't a movie buff, so that I got her out to a movie, and it was so bad....My stock has gone way down...

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                      I wish I had your fourethought! Another painful issue, is that my GF isn't a movie buff, so that I got her out to a movie, and it was so bad....My stock has gone way down...
                      Oooo ... well hopefully your GF will give it another shot. But, it does seem that nowadays you go to the movies and have to pick which movie sucks the least.

Comment

OMG, we laughed so hard. Seriously. Who doesn't love a dead talking Affleck (his best role ever) and a chainsaw-wielding white trash punk rocker going crazy on a chandelier? Who doesn't want to get in some old lady's hour-old used bathwater with her bob staring at you while an ADD-ridden nunchuks tossing kid with astigmatism is in your face?

We laughed. Hard. At things we shouldn't be laughing at.

Who doesn't love a good Brian Bloom role? Remember him? He was dreamy in 1985. Seriously.

And I'm sorry but Jason Bateman was hi-flippin-larious. He had some great lines and that skin condition...good stuff.

Spoiler
                        Anyone else think Common was going to throw Alicia Keys out the window?

Also, please remember, I don't get out much. But this was right up my alley. Awesome date-night movie!! My only problem was why Peter Berg was in it? Seriously. Why? He's better than that.

The ending was way too predictable. I figured out one part pretty early on, my husband figured out the other.

But you have to take it as schlock. It wasn't a movie that was meant to be truly gritty or serious. Come on.

Also, my favorite movie of ALL TIME is True Romance. I'm not happy with the comparisons to TR in various reviews I've read, but I get why. If there were other violent movies out there that were witty and touching they could compare themselves to TR. But until then, nuh uh. This was no True Romance.

I knew the movie wasn't going to be great once they stopped advertising it a few weeks ago. :lol: But that didn't stop me from going on opening night (which I never do). The cast was so good. I couldn't not see it.

Comment

We had high hopes. We were left shrugging our shoulders at the end. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. It had a cast with such potential, but I think when you put that many people in a movie together, nobody has a chance to do any real acting.

We were right there with you on the Reservoir Dogs/True Romance/Usual Suspects comparison. By the way, Hector, go get Reservoir Dogs, don't forget!

It was an interesting change of pace after being at Disneyland all day though. It could be a good rental, but it didn't even have any quotable lines to remember.
                          Last edited by SusieP.; 01-29-2007, 05:44 PM.
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                            And I'm sorry but Jason Bateman was hi-flippin-larious. He had some great lines and that skin condition...good stuff.

The ending was way too predictable. I figured out one part pretty early on, my husband figured out the other.
                            bateman was great in it! but i pretty much enjoy everything with him in it.

and i totally figured out the end too. the plastic surgery stuff was a huge giveaway.

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                            Didn't love it, didn't hate it.
                            the more i think about it, this is the perfect way to describe the movie. i don't know if i felt anything about it.

and another thing. did it kinda bother anyone else that piven was doing card tricks in almost every scene! i get it, dude is a freaking magician!! that bothered me a little.
                            I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

Comment

I liked it. I wasn't expecting a plot (not with that many people in it) so I wasn't dissapointed in that. But I don't think I could recommend it to be watched in theatres.
                              "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                              You set the bar I could not live up to
                              Tonight the light is breaking through
                              So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                              Zebrahead

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X