This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Cruise-The Movie

I was just listening to Oren Aviv (President, Production, Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group) confirm that The Jungle Cruise will be the next Attraction-to-Movie project.

I did not catch the desciption word for word (hopefully someone can help me out) but I believe he described it as "Pirates meets Indiana Jones."

Thoughts?
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: Jungle Cruise-The Movie

If true, it will be tough to do right. Probably be as close to the Jungle Cruise as The Country Bears was to Country Bears Jamboree.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

arg, pirates of the jungle cruise... watch as jack sparrow takes over a boat and looks for rum... complete with bad jokes...

this movie might not be too bad. just don't remodel the attraction for the movie if it doesn't need it...

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
          this movie might not be too bad. just don't remodel the attraction for the movie if it doesn't need it...
          Let's just hope the movie bombs. Can you imagine what the Haunted Mansion would be like with Eddie Murphy animatronics all over it?

Comment

I found this on wikipedia.org

The Jungle Cruise is an upcoming Disney motion picture loosely inspired by the theme park attraction of the same name. Produced by Mandeville Films, it was announced in the spring of 2004 with a hopeful 2006 release, though as of February 2006, it does not have a release date set by the production company. At the June 24, 2006 premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest at Disneyland, Dick Cook, chairman of the Walt Disney Studios, confirmed the film was still in development.
            The attraction was inspired by Walt Disney's True Life Adventure short films as well as the motion picture The African Queen.
            The film is said to be about people who travel through the jungle looking for a cure to some sickness their friend has

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Cruise_(film)
            Last edited by ROBONICS95; 02-08-2007, 02:22 PM.
            "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

I would prefer a "God's Must Be Crazy" approach.

Low budget mockumentary with actors no one knows...
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

Heh, still waiting for the remake of Swiss Family Robinson here.

Comment

As long as there is extremely corny jokes I should be happy... Though I am skeptical considering ride movies. It could be the next Pirates or fall down as hard as Country Bears.

But I want an Old Yeller remake... with a computer generated dog

Comment

Where are there Pirates or Indiana Jones in the Jungle Cruise?
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Interesting to hear that this one is still kicking around...

'Jungle Cruise' movie starts motor -
                      The Hollywood Reporter 9/21/06
                      http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...e+cruise+movie
                      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod View Post
                        Thats funny
                        hahhaa
                        :crazylegs

Comment

It could be interesting.

Comment

The way to get the JC movie is to take a chance - hire a creative team you confidence in, let them cast it and don't interfere tyoo much.

Who hasn't heard the stories of Disney execs cr*pping themselves when they saw Depp's performance in early cuts of PotC:CotBP - then imagine if they'd had their way and he'd dialled it right back. *shudder*

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
                            Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

One important question about the movie: Do they shoot the hippos or are they going to be PC about that?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X