• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disney Analyst
    Behind the refurb walls..
    • Apr 2005

Beauty and the beast!

As you all know BATB is on broadway. Well they are now allowing theater companies to do the show, and the company I belong to go the rights to it! We are the only people in Canada B.C. allowed to do the show First people to do it off broadway, and it's gonna be good! I'll be backstage I'm excited, and hey if you live in canada B.C. come see it

It is in Kelowna B.C. Canada, tickets at ticketmaster

the dates are, August 19-20, then the 24 to 27, a matinee is on August 21 at 2 PM, there may be another matinee added, I'll keep you posted

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~
  • DivaPrincess
    Yup, I'm a real princess.
    • Jan 2005

Congrats! What a great show! I'm hoping we'll do it soon.

I did just want to let you know, though, that lot's of companies in the US have already done the show - including High Schoools, so you will not be the first "off broadway"

Good luck - Or break a leg if you're superstitious!
    I love Disneyland!

Comment

• Disney Analyst
      • Apr 2005

(first in canada)

~

Comment

• Cousin Orville
        Boss Angeles, CA
        • Jan 2005

"Beauty and the Beer-eh?"
        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

• robotpirates
          Rainicorn.
          • Apr 2005

Haha, the Teenage Acting Drama Workshop at Cal State University Northridge will be performing Beauty and the Beast (a 1 hour "good parts" version ) this summer.

I will be co-costuming. Good luck, Evan-500!
          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

• Socapex
            Banned User
            • Jan 2005

I don't think this show works on stage at all. It works really well on film, but parts of it can not be blocked well on the stage unless you have a budget of astronomical proportion.

Comment

• Disney Analyst
              • Apr 2005

The stage show is brilliant. And of course your gonna change things on stage from the film. But as far as I know, beauty and the beast was originally a stage production, not saying I'm right, I could be wrong...

~

Comment

• Socapex
                Banned User
                • Jan 2005

I'm not saying changing things in the film to stage transition is a bad thing, I just said that it doens't work in this particular case. The "Beauty and the Beast" song sung by Mrs. Potts cannot be blocked as beautifully on stage as it was on the screen. It just plain doesn't work. The "Be Our Guest" number just doesn't have the same impact on stage as the filmed version does.

As for the new songs... well, the Beast's songs are good... But Maurice's song, the "masion de lunes" number, and "Human Again" are just plain annoying, not to mention pointless to furthering the plot. The film version was so much tighter than the musical, which makes for a restless audience. I do enjoy the "Home" number I must admit.

I have to add that I have been involved with Theatre for 11 years, and I think I know a good show when I see one. This is not a good musical. (Then again, I think there was only 1 good musical...)

And you are wrong. The version similar to the Disney one was collected in novel form in 1740. I think there may have been some silent films as well, I remember hearing some things. I remember hearing about ballets on stage and what not prior to the Disney film, but the disney film first came out in 1991, and the musical didn't come out till I think 1994.

Comment

• dramaqueen
                  is FIERCE!
                  • Jan 2005

I have seen it twice and I love it- I think the staging is beautiful and some of the tricks are sheer magic (chip on a cart, the beasts transformation, even if you know how it is accomplished, it is brilliant!) I think it translates very well into a stage musical- although I am not excited to see the off-broadway versions of it because I know they won't be the same. But then, I don't see off broadway versions of musicals.....
                  Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                  Help support the site you love:
                  -Visit the MiceChat store
                  Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                  MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

• Disney Analyst
                    • Apr 2005

I have to add that I have been involved with Theatre for 11 years, and I think I know a good show when I see one. This is not a good musical. (Then again, I think there was only 1 good musical...)
                    It really also depends on the group who does it. The theater group I'm in is very well done. Also, I have been involved in theater practically my whole life. It's your opinion that it's a bad show, it's mine that it isn't It all depeneds on what your taste is. It is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyways, I'm excited to be working backstage for this show! It's gonna be fun!

~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X