Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Legend Peter Ellenshaw Passes Away (Mergedx3)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Legend Peter Ellenshaw Passes Away (Mergedx3)

Just read the news on another Disney board that Disney Legend Peter Ellenshaw passed away at age 93.

I'm stunned.

An absolute jewel of a man. One of the warmest and funniest individuals I've had the privilege to know. And talent? Incredible. Disney, Hollywood, everyone just lost an absolute treasure of a human being. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and fans everywhere.

Rest In Peace, my friend. We'll "chew the fat" and dance to "Knees Up, Mother Brown" again someday.

Re: Disney Legend Peter Ellenshaw Passes Away

Noooo!!!!
    -Tim

Comment

Is there a news link? I can't find one anywhere.

I'm not surprised at this news. He has been ailing for quite a while now. What a wonderful artist. He was THE matte artist for many, many years. So many great films bear his name.

Comment

How sad to lose such a marvelous artist. What a rare and wonderful talent this man embodied.

The English landscapes that he painted for the Pooh characters are my favorite works of his. How I wish I could place myself inside those landscapes!

"Ellenshaw Under Glass" by Bruce Gordon and David Mumford is a must for any Peter Ellenshaw fan. He will be greatly missed.
        "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

How sad! He was such an amazingly talented man. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Comment

So sad. He was indeed a Disney Legend:

More on Disney's Legends Site
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Wow. He will be missed by many. Thanks for sharing the news. I may just have to lift a glass this evening...
              -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
              Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
              .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                That link is in the original Post #1.

Originally posted by Not Afraid
                Is there a news link? I can't find one anywhere.
                Not yet I guess. But the other Disney board where this was posted did say that statements from Disney and the Ellenshaw family wouldn't be released until tomorrow. So the news probably hasn't hit the news services yet.

Comment

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Peter's son Harrison is an accomplished artist and special effects man himself. Samples of both their work can be found at www.ellenshaw.com.

Condolences to the entire Ellenshaw family.
                  Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Sad.

Comment

Oh no! I love his work!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

It is very sad.

So many greats ... the folks that made Disney ... well, Disney have left us over the past decade.

Now, Peter is gone too.

Comment

I could cry. I'm so sad over this. He was one of my absolute favorite artists and I've looked up to him for so many years. He will be greatly missed.

Comment

This is sad. Sorry to see another Disney legend move on.

I have one of his artwork pieces of that a friend gave me as a gift.
                            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

wow..this is incredibly sad news. He was such an enormous talent. I had a chance to hear him speak at a Disney convention once. From the stories I have read, he was a very nice person as well.

He will really be missed.
                              Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                              http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X