X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lasseter on Disneyland, and Walt Disney's Legacy

Here is a section of a very nice read-

David: John, are we going to see Mickey Mouse in a feature movie?

Marci: So you might have some influence over Mickey making it to a feature film.

John: Jungle Cruise, naturally.

For the full transcript click here (1,2)
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: John Lasseter on Disneyland, and Walt Disney's Legacy

This is very interesting. Please let us know when part 2 is posted as well.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Thanks for this great link!

Comment

Thanks for showing us this interview. I am so happy to know that they are making new shorts of the Fab Five. I did remember back when I got my Disney information from the Disney World Community on LiveJournal (before I joined MiceChat) that someone did mention that John Lasseter was a skipper and they loved him for that. I love listening to John too.
        Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
          This is very interesting. Please let us know when part 2 is posted as well.

Both 1 and 2 are available.

The quote from the original post is from part 2.

Part 1 showcases a picture of John as a Jungle Cruise Skipper; Part 2 showcases a picture of John (who is also a train enthusiast) behind Ollie Johnston's old steamed locomotive, which is now owned by John and will be located at John's new property in the Wine Country.

For the full transcript of both 1 and 2, click here (1,2)
          Last edited by ROBONICS95; 02-15-2007, 05:09 PM.
          "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

That was a great article. Thanks for posting the links. It makes me feel good to know that Walt is alive and well in someone so high up on the Disney exec chain. For John, its not all about $$$$, its about Walt's legacy.
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Yes...Thanks for posting that!

Comment

Wow (breathe a sigh of relief) it finally seems like we have someone in charge of Disney Animation that finally "gets it". Between Lasseter and Iger, I think the company is on its way back to greatness. Iger still has some work to do on the Disney channel but maybe that will come in time. I'm hoping Disney will hoping that Diney will start to get away from the tween market and cater to the whole family. It seems like John has caught on to the family entertainment concept..lets hope its spreads.
                Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

Thanks for noticing me...

Credit goes to Leo Holzer for letting me know John was on the radio.

Decided to strike out on my own with a web site on Disney, entertainment and popular culture after having written from Jim Hill Media for over three years.

Stop by for more Disney goodies now and then:

http://www.theblueparrot.info

Roger Colton, Editor, Webmaster and the rest...
                  "Now, it's garbage." Oscar Madison, "The Odd Couple"

www.theblueparrot.info

Disney, Pop Culture and Entertainment. 6 Days A Week.

Comment

A very nice job, Roger!

Welcome to MC!

Comment

Very interesting to read.

Comment

John Lasseter is a great guy and all but has anyone else noticed he keeps telling the same exact story over and over again even the same word usage and everything?

About how he would get up early on saturday's to watch cartoons, and how he was inspired by a book on animation and he figured out people can make a living off of cartoons, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                          John Lasseter is a great guy and all but has anyone else noticed he keeps telling the same exact story over and over again even the same word usage and everything?

About how he would get up early on saturday's to watch cartoons, and how he was inspired by a book on animation and he figured out people can make a living off of cartoons, etc. etc.

He is a PR dream... Talk about a guy who can stay on message....

Of course they are throwing softballs at him....
                          Last edited by cellarhound; 02-16-2007, 04:44 PM.
                          Check out my other blog:

Comment

^That's the thing, as much as I respect John, he doesn't seem to get thrown the real hardball questions, and for the most part, the Pixar folks tend to not even answer them or acknowledge they exist. I believe this is what he and the Pixar gang are going to try to bring to Disney- that great Pixarian secretiveness.
                            I think it may overall be a good thing, but I don't know how it is going to work...

Comment

Originally posted by tcsnwhite View Post
                              ^That's the thing, as much as I respect John, he doesn't seem to get thrown the real hardball questions, and for the most part, the Pixar folks tend to not even answer them or acknowledge they exist. I believe this is what he and the Pixar gang are going to try to bring to Disney- that great Pixarian secretiveness.
                              I think it may overall be a good thing, but I don't know how it is going to work...
                              It won't. The only way Disney can become hermetically sealed like Apple and Pixar is to replace 90% of the employees with folks who can keep their mouths shut. And that's not likely to happen.

Almost everyone at Disney gossips, and has for years. Even folks at the upper end of the food chain, like executives. (My experience has taught me that they're some of the worst gossips of the bunch.)

Folding Pixar into the mix is a good thing in an attempt to change the Disney culture. But this one aspect of Disney culture, IMHO, is never going to change. Many differences that existed before the acquisition will remain, especially this one.
                              "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X