Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"...covered by There Might Be Giants?!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"...covered by There Might Be Giants?!!

Remember way back when Barenaked Ladies did a cover of "Grim Grinning Ghosts"? Well...

http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Robinsons.../dp/B000N0KVQ0

Check one of the tracks of the CD for the new movie and you'll notice that the good old Carousel of Progress tune is being done by...They Might Be Giants.

Now, this is something else. Seeing as how this song only applies as nostalgia for baby boomers, and the attraction is near extinction at WDW, it's cool to see Disney acknowledge it. I wonder if it's just a bonus track or if it's in the actual movie, seeing how there's already Tomorrowland references in it, this makes a nice companion...
    Last edited by goldenstate5; 03-25-2007, 05:40 PM.

Re: "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"...covered by There Might Be Giants?!!

I read about that on Wikipedia a while ago. It made me very, very happy. Now I just need Eels to cover "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)", and I'll have my three favorite bands doing my three favorite Disneyland songs. (That would be a seriously trippy cover, too.)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Not the first time They Might Be Giants covered park songs... they also did Main Street Electrical Parade.

Also, considering the connection with the 1964 World's Fair and the fact that "Ana Ng" mentions things from that fair in the song, it's only appropriate that TMBG be the ones to do the cover.
      -Tim

Comment

They are called, "THEY Might Be Giants". They have been one of my son's favorites for years. They are so cool! I had no idea they'd done any Disney music.
        Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 03-25-2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Just realized that typo and I can't believe I did it twice! That's what you get for trying to get in a post fast!...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
            Just realized that typo and I can't believe I did it twice! That's what you get for trying to get in a post fast!...
            Happens to me a LOT! haha! We knew who you were talking about!

Comment

Just a note - if you're a disney credit card holder - you can get a free soundtrack by answering questions about the movie after the opening on March 30th! www.disneyrewards.com/mtr
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                Just a note - if you're a disney credit card holder - you can get a free soundtrack by answering questions about the movie after the opening on March 30th! www.disneyrewards.com/mtr
                Awesome! Thanks for telling us!!!

Comment

They also do the theme song for "Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse".
                  Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Hmm...interesting...

Comment

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!!!

God bless TMBG. I am so happy that two of my favorite things are getting blended together again. I LOVE the cover they did of MSEP.

THANK you so much for reporting on this!!!!!!!!
                      "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                      Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

We love TMBG.
                        My daughter's favorite DVD is TMBG Here Comes the ABC's!

The song is one of my favorites! I can't wait for this version!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                          They also do the theme song for "Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse".
                          And "Higglytown Heroes".

What happened is that they went indie and made an agreement with Disney to release Their children's music once in a while in addition to Their more adult-oriented stuff on a label owned by the band.

Comment

Mmmmm ... TMBG!!!! Can't wait to hear it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X